Autolinks Not Working When Part of Page Name is in Name of Another Page

Autolinks Not Working When Part of Page Name is in Name of Another Page

by Milton Zak -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I am finding that Autolinks are not working when one of my pages has part of another page in its name.

For example, I have a page named Bar and another page named Foo Bar.  Bar comes later in that course but is Autolinked to early inside of one of the first pages (not sure that is important).  When I type the name of Foo Bar early in the course only Bar is highlighted.  Near the end of the course all of Foo Bar is highlighted.

I am sure I can get away from the dependency of Autolinks once I figure out how to create my own links using Moodle.  I am resistant to using even relative URLs in case this course gets moved to another server/directory at a later date.  I wish I knew a way to directly link to a specific page in a course.  Can I be assured that all Moodle instances, now and in later versions, use /mod/page/view.php?id=<id number> path?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Milton Zak

Re: Autolinks Not Working When Part of Page Name is in Name of Another Page

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Milton,

Please see my reply on: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=262104&parent=1135870

Regarding "Can I be assured that all Moodle instances, now and in later versions, use /mod/page/view.php?id=<id number> path?" I do not consider that it can be assured.  Moodle is constantly adapting and changing.  Therefore it cannot be said for a 100% certainty that it will never change.

Cheers,

Gareth