- Accomplishments include
- winning the (Moodle-integrated) TurningPoint clicker quiz (scores stored in the Gradebook),
- having the best class attendance (stored in the Gradebook).
- Attitudes include
- knowledge (e.g., each team's Gradebook test scores are summed and added to this figure).
- Use the configurable reports plugin to generate a leaderboard based on criteria
- Use custom scales (regular intervals) and letters (irregular intervals)
- Use weighting to convert scores
- Use exponential scores in the gradebook to level up Level 1: 40 level 2: 80 Level 3: 160 level 4: 320 level 5: 640 TOTAL: 1240
- Use a wiki and allow participants to rate each other on specific aspects- scores go in the gradebook
- Use the assignment module with group submission
- Use subcategories within the gradebook to aggregate results for each level - this forces scores to stay within the current level
Natalie, thank you so much! I am forwarding your snazzy guide to some colleagues, and we will pore over your suggestions here.
It sounds like implementation of the functionality still requires a fair bit of technical know-how, plus significant imagination, as well. If we advance significantly on either, we'll report back.
Natalie, you are a well of gamification wealth! I am passing your links and tool-tutorials on to others, and allowing them to tutor my own imagination.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!