1.9 to 2.2/2.7 - Incorrect display of courses

1.9 to 2.2/2.7 - Incorrect display of courses

by Leszek Gruszka -
Number of replies: 11

Hello!

I started migration from 1.9 to 2.2 (first step). Everything works fine - no errors on upgrade.
After that I looked into course and I saw, that course layout is destroyed. How to correctly upgrade Moodle from 1.9 to higher versions?

Before: 

Before

After:

After

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leszek Gruszka

Odp: 1.9 to 2.2/2.7 - Incorrect display of courses

by Leszek Gruszka -

I made a few tests and that problem is starting on first upgrade to 2.2.

Assignments have problem with display - as on screen as top. I have a lot of courses with this problem, so I cannot create new and move content for them.... There is a lot of used "Send file" for students and online comments....

Re: 1.9 to 2.2/2.7 - Incorrect display of courses

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

That looks (to me) like a theme problem.

I suggest you double-check which theme you are using (try the 'standard' theme, if you are using something else). Try also purging the site caches, just in case there is some bad data hanging around in them (and your web browser caches).

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Davo Smith

Odp: Re: 1.9 to 2.2/2.7 - Incorrect display of courses

by Leszek Gruszka -

Before an upgrade I changed theme to standard. I made upgrade, cleared theme cache and still the same.... :/

System cache was purged from development.

Browser cache cleared too... 

Re: Odp: Re: 1.9 to 2.2/2.7 - Incorrect display of courses

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Looking carefully at the image, there is something very wrong with the styling - bullet points shouldn't show up beside activity icons.

This is certainly not something that usually happens after a 1.9 upgrade.

Are all courses affected? If you create a new, empty course is the display still broken?

It will be difficult to solve your problem just from the screenplay, without being able to examine the page in a browser.

Just one last thought, what browser are you using? 

In reply to Davo Smith

Odp: Re: Odp: Re: 1.9 to 2.2/2.7 - Incorrect display of courses

by Leszek Gruszka -

I know, that something is wrong smile But after migration some HTML tags are not in place. Sections are out of main Div.

Not all courses are affected - just about half.

Empty course is displaying correct.

I tried to use IE, Forefox, Opera and Chrome - still the same on a few workstations.

Re: 1.9 to 2.2/2.7 - Incorrect display of courses

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

This looks a lot like the kind of issue you sometimes see when some of the content has been copied and pasted directly from Word and inherits some of that extraneous styling that MS thinks it has to add to everything and which then often corrupts websites

In reply to Richard Oelmann

Odp: Re: 1.9 to 2.2/2.7 - Incorrect display of courses

by Leszek Gruszka -

I looked first into database and compared good course with one from problems. It looks the same.

And there is no mso tags. In rows at table.

Re: Odp: Re: 1.9 to 2.2/2.7 - Incorrect display of courses

by Eder dos Santos -

Hi!

As mentioned above, it often occurs with label resources that contain pasted code or bad html. You may check the html code from those labels, maybe some of them aren't totally well-coded. Review them at some IDE or plain text editor.

Saludos.

In reply to Eder dos Santos

Odp: Re: Odp: Re: 1.9 to 2.2/2.7 - Incorrect display of courses

by Leszek Gruszka -

Ok, resolved. I founded <li> in one from courses.
Where in mysql I can look for it? In mdl_cache_text they are present. I cannot find it in mdl_course_sections

Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: 1.9 to 2.2/2.7 - Incorrect display of courses

by Eder dos Santos -

Hi!

If you found it within a label resource, it probably will be inside mdl_label.intro field.

Saludos.
Eder

In reply to Eder dos Santos

Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: 1.9 to 2.2/2.7 - Incorrect display of courses

by Leszek Gruszka -

Thanks, that resolved my problem!

Thank You very much one more time smile