Grid format - the pop-up font size

Grid format - the pop-up font size

by Nick Varney -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I'm wondering if there a way to change the font size in the pop-up box? 

Is this governed by the theme that's in use? If so can I override just for the pop-up? The font-size is the same as that which appears in our blocks but not in our main course content.

I've had a look in Chrome's Inspector but I wasn't sure how to interpret the location of the css file.

Thanks,

Nick 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nick Varney

Re: Grid format - the pop-up font size

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Nick,

The content of the box in terms of CSS styles and associated contained mark-up is the same as any other course format, so altering the themes styles for that should do the trick.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Nick Varney -

Thanks Gareth,

It could be my theme that is making a simple css change more complicated than I'd wish. I am using the dark blue theme and the font in the pop-up appears to be managed by the  yui.combo.php file and as such I have no idea how to proceed.

I've attached what I see in my inspector below. The font-size is 13px which is too small for us, we would prefer 14px.

I've tried adding the following declaration to Dark Blue's core.css file but it doesn't take, although when I practice the edit in Firebug or Chrome's inspector I see the desired change. 

#gridshadebox_content .activity {
   font-size: 14px ;
}

Perhaps I need to add this css somewhere else?

Thanks,

Nick

Attachment Changing font size of grid yui css.png
In reply to Nick Varney

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dark Blue theme!  That was last used on Moodle 2.4.  How old is your Moodle?

Grid format support runs in line with Moodle support, so currently, M2.6+ with security fixes (if there ever could be any) for M2.5.

In reply to Nick Varney

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Did you purge caches after making the change?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Nick Varney -

Thank you Richard, I revisited this today and cleared the cache (can't believe I missed this step) to find out that it worked!

I will be moving to responsive theming soon but this gets me out of a current bind.