Docking works on ALL Themes in Moodle 2.7

Docking works on ALL Themes in Moodle 2.7

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 18
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Docking works on all themes in 2.7

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Evans

Re: AARDVARK-POSTIT for MOODLE 2.7

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Except Elegance?!

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

That's because there is no  dock setting in that theme's config.php. It needs this line to make it work...and that goes for any Moodle theme that uses conventional side blocks...

$THEME->enable_dock = true;

You also need to ensure that the dock is enabled in Site Administration > Appearance > Theme settings ...

Default: Yes

If enabled and supported by the selected theme users can choose to move blocks to a special dock.

and here is the proof it does work...

docking enabled

In reply to Mary Evans

by Enrique Lueje -

and the Essential Theme?!! for moodle 2.6

In reply to Enrique Lueje

by Mary Evans -

I think they fixed Moodle 2.6 so that the dock would work, but that has only just been done. So if you have not upgraded to the latest version of Moodle 2.6 then it will not work.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Enrique Lueje -

I upgraded to the latest verseion of Moodle 2.6 and still not working.

by Mary Evans -

Have you enabled Docking in your Admin settings and have you checked that the the config.php for the Essential theme has the correct settings to enable the dock for the theme, as I have already mentioned above?

In reply to Mary Evans

by Enrique Lueje -

Yes, and still not working.

by Mary Evans -

Have you also removed dockmod.js from theme/essential/javascript/dockmod.js

Also remove the code related to this in theme/essential/config.php

https://github.com/moodleman/moodle-theme_essential/blob/master/config.php#L167-L169

Also it is important that you remove this line from the essential/config.php

https://github.com/moodleman/moodle-theme_essential/blob/master/config.php#L38

In reply to Mary Evans

by Enrique Lueje -

Maybe do something wrong, but still not working

by Mary Evans -

Well if you have the correct version of Moodle 2.6 which will be this lastweeks build      

2014052300 or newer Then it sould be working.

you could try Purge all cache

Actually the best way to test this is to see if Clean theme dock works first...

if it doesn't then you have the wrong version.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Enrique Lueje -

POST-IT icon appears, but when you click on the icon the whole block disappears. My version of Moodle is 2.6 is 2014052300

In reply to Mary Evans

by Rene Ouellette -

I was able to enable the dock in Elegantchild, but the blocks disappear when docked.

I would assume there is something missing to have the dock show up in the layout, but don't have the skills to understand what is missing.