PoodLL Demo Site now on Moodle 2.7

PoodLL Demo Site now on Moodle 2.7

by Justin Hunt -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I just went and upgraded the PoodLL demo site to Moodle 2.7. 

http://demo.poodll.com

So it is now possible to try out PoodLL Anywhere for Atto.

I also made some big changes to the whiteboard, which you can see on the demo site. Now if you use Literally Canvas as the PoodLL whiteboard the student can edit their drawings(assignments, quizzes, database entries) at a later time. Previously this wasn't possible. I demonstrate this here:

It will also work with drawingboard.js . It doesn't work with the old PoodLL whiteboard though. You can set the default whiteboard in the PoodLL filter settings.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Justin Hunt

Re: PoodLL Demo Site now on Moodle 2.7

by Mark Pearson -

Very impressive! Presumably you could use the line tool to draw straight axes? Also if the teacher added a 2 column data set to the question, could one plot the points and then add an eyeballed linear regression line ?

In reply to Mark Pearson

by Justin Hunt -

You could use the line tool to draw axes, yes.

Regarding the eyeballed linear regression line, I am just going to wave the white flag, and point out that my major was Political Science. But it would probably need to be drawn freehand if that helps. 

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Peter Halverson -

Wow!  Justin, this is going to be really useful.

Some hiccups...

On my mac (OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion), the Safari 6.1.3 web browser doesn't show the background graph, but otherwise it works.  Instead of the background graph, all I see is a small box with "?" in it.

Firefox 30.0 doesn't show the tools at the bottom, or the background graph.

On Ubuntu Linux, firefox 29.0 S does the same thing as Safari did.  (Background graph missing, but tools work.)

On a PC running Windows 7, Firefox V28, doesn't show any tools.  Goodle Chrome is the same.  Can't use.

So all-in-all, two of the five browsers I tried worked with Poodll whiteboard.   And then, it was missing the background graph paper.

Sigh...  I know the feeling of having to deal with the idiosyncrasies of web browsers.  Not fun.

Please don't give up!  I want to use it.

Peter

In reply to Peter Halverson

by Justin Hunt -

Let me have a look at those hiccups shortly. Sorry for the delay, I was hoping to look at them before replying. 

I had to change the background image logic for both JSs whiteboards. Specifically for literally canvas, I had to change it so that erasing would not erase the background. I am pretty confident we can make it work on the other browsers too.