Cloze-code in book

Cloze-code in book

by Beatriz Rojo -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

my question may sound foolish and may be it is, since I have only basic knowledge about HTML. I use Moodle 2.7.

My school wants to have a printable version of the placement tests, the reasons are not important here. I have read the discussions about printing quizzes and I know there exists no straight solution yet.

So I thought the book module would be an alternative, the placement tests consist of only 4-5 short fill-in-the-blanks-texts and I could do it.

My first idea was that, since the book has a HTML editor, the cloze-text for the cloze-questions (I mean of the kind soc{1:SHORTANSWER:=ial}) would be transformed by the book into a cloze-text. But this is not the case.

I found another rapid and satisfactory way to create blanks, but I am wondering why the HTML-Editor does not "understand" the cloze-code but it does understand the embed code of YouTube videos, for instance. I think I will use the book module in the future and would like to know in advance if there are some elements I cannot embed in it.

Thanks and regards,

Beatriz.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Beatriz Rojo

Re: Cloze-code in book

by Paula Clough -

Beatriz,

I have embedded videos, audio, images with no problem.  They all embed very well.  Straight HTML from a webpage or a straight editing window in Moodle works quite well, including such things as tables, etc. Questions, I believe, are a different thing as they are made to interface with the Moodle questions and quizzes modules and are not really the same coding. 

Why not just take a screen shot of the question and put that in the book? I use Jing to do those kinds of things very easily and it's free.

cool

In reply to Paula Clough

Re: Cloze-code in book

by Beatriz Rojo -

Thanks Paula,

your explanations make me some thing clear. The screenshot would be an alternative.

Regards,

Beatriz