Batch Processing of Certificates

Batch Processing of Certificates

by Annette Powell -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

We use the certificate module and we are unique that we are partners with 12 colleges and universities across the US that operate our accrediated program. The schools, since they run our program have to use our MOODLE system to take all their quizes and get all their lesson plans etc... so that each one of them teach the exact same curriculum. We have a course setup for each of the schools  and they log into their respective course . The schools do not issue their certificates to the students because the certifcates come from us. The way we have to do that right now is log in as each student, get their certificate a few days before their graduation and then send that certificate to each college for them to print out and deliver to the students. This takes us hours to do this process since we manage all 12 colleges. 

I was wondering if a batch process could be added to the certificate module that would allow managers and administrators to do this?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Annette Powell

Re: Batch Processing of Certificates

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Interesting.   What version are you using?   I am trying to come up to speed on 2.6.   I have a 1.9.9  system, but not up to speed with 2.6.

In the old file system, it was possible to find all the pdfs in the moodledata area.  Willing to bet that is not true anymore smile 

I forget if we get a copy of the certificate with the email others setting.  If so set up one  or more email accounts and have them come to that account.  Or better yet include the registrar of each of your partners in that setting.   

Do they really need a pdf of the certificate, or just confirmation that the student has earned it  and what kind of credit and grade each one got?  If the latter, you already have a batch file when you download the list of certificates in Excel format  in each of your partner's courses.  

If it has previous year's data, you can tweak the Excel file.  You could get fancy and do a mail merge from that list to create a "duplicate" certificate (one page per student and don't send the output as a word doc but as a pdf).  Send both the Excel file and  the pdf duplicate certificates to the Registrar as  a token of real  thoughtful  customer service smile   

Hope that gets you thinking!

Chris

In reply to Annette Powell

by Carlos Alexandre Fonseca -
Picture of Plugin developers

mod_simplecertificate does that,  put all issued certificate on a zip file, or in one big pdf file (better for print )

In reply to Carlos Alexandre Fonseca

by Annette Powell -

Yep, it does, but I don't care much for that version. It does not print out our certificate right. We use a template that I can upload into MOODLE and then I can print only the name, date and code on it. The simple certificate does not work correctly with our template. That is why I would like a batch process in the regular certificate module.