Quiz results in Moodle 2.7

Quiz results in Moodle 2.7

by John D. Black -
Number of replies: 11

We're about to upgrade to Moodle version 2.7 from 2.4. I've always been disappointed how difficult it is to analyze detailed quiz results when running SCORM packages. All we can effectively access is each student's total score. However, we need to know what questions were missed by the most students and how they answered, etc. etc. It's forced us to use Moodle quizzes in situations where Storyline would be more effective.

However, I am hopeful.

Does anyone know if the recent improvements to Moodle's handling of SCORM enable better item analysis than in the past? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John D. Black

Re: Quiz results in Moodle 2.7

by KirK Chapman -

Hi John,

Reports>Interactions report

works great for us in 2.6 and 2.7. I use Captivate with the interactions report in the SCORM module to capture: final score, student response, correct response, time /date of attempts, number of attempts etc.

You can download it all and use a spreadsheet program to run data summarization tools (v/h look ups, pivot tables other number crunching functions) to format and print your charts and graphs .

Peace

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to KirK Chapman

by John D. Black -

Kirk,

Thanks for your response. I created a course with students and a quiz in the sandbox. I was disappointed when I exported the Interactions report. It tells the response for each question but it doesn't say whether it's right or wrong. Apparently, your solution is to do a lot of complex data crunching to re-grade the responses in Excel. Only then can do an item analysis.

I wish there was an easier way.  :^(

by KirK Chapman -

Hi John,

Nope, I don't think a SCORM report will yield per interaction data that says whether a question is correct or not.  I don't regrade the module. But, Excel is really handy and it will do crunching that makes you look like a rock star if you need good looking item analysis stuff.  It's all really easy, couple of tutorials will do the trick cool Sounds like a job for Plug In Man!

Peace

In reply to KirK Chapman

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

we improved the user level reports which show the result of each question as well - I'm not sure why the result is missing from the full activity report though, I never noticed it myself but it makes a lot of sense for us to add it! - feel free to create a tracker issue to have the result field added to the interactions report.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dan Marsden

by KirK Chapman -

Hi John,

Voilà! I love these guys cool

Could you put the tracker id here so I can keep up with it too? Thanks Dan.

Thanks John!

Peace

In reply to KirK Chapman

by John D. Black -

I created MDL-45712.

Thanks Kirk and Dan. I encourage you to check out the wording I used to make sure it's clear and uses the correct terminology. I also hope you and others will vote for it. This seem like an easy improvement that will very helpful to teachers and instructional designers.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)

by KirK Chapman -

Hi John,

Looks clear and conciseYes.

I voted and I'm confident this will be available soon!

Thanks again!

Peace

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Jesus Marquez -

Hi Dan!

I´m studying the responses quiz report submodule, mi question where is the code when the user does click on the button Download in the form Responses Results Quiz?

I thought that the method:

$this->process_actions($quiz, $cm, $currentgroup, $groupstudents, $allowed, $options->get_url());

it have the function to process any submitted actions.

But when i do click in the button Download the page not refresh...

Is a process ajax? I dont know.

I use Moodle 2.6.2

Thank any ayuda!

In reply to Jesus Marquez

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The original post (and this particular forum) discusses the SCORM module in Moodle which can sometimes contain a quiz but doesn't use the Moodle quiz module to do this. You seem to be looking at Quiz module code - you should ask your question in the Quiz forum here instead. Good luck!

In reply to Dan Marsden

by KirK Chapman -

Hi Dan

A note to say "Many thanks for the added results field!" cool

Peace