Workshop Activity

Re: Workshop Activity

by Jayakrishnan M -
Number of replies: 0
Hi Everyone,

I am running a Distance Education course in Moodle 2.6 which runs for 8 weeks and have around 1100 participants. These participants are divided into nearly 40 groups based on the location and I have group leaders from respective regions assigned as "Non-Editing Teachers" (equivalent to Teaching Assistants) who will help me in grading. These non-editing teachers are also participants (having a dual role of student).During the first two week, I had participants do lot of assignments (Either as Online Text or as file uploads). 

Now here is my issue. I do have a rubric developed to assess the student's work and I was going to allot it to these non-editing teachers. But I came across this workshop module, when my friend suggested it to me today morning and it has the much needed self and peer evaluation functionality that I actually need in the course. So is there a way to convert the submitted assignments into a workshop activity? i.e. Can i use those online texts and files without asking participants to re-upload them?

I tried going through several forums having explanations on various aspects of "Workshop module". But nowhere have they discussed this kind of requirement. I understand that I should have used Workshop initially, but just wanted to know whether it is possible within the current setup. Also do let me know whether I need to post this in a separate forum? I used the keyword workshop and posted in the first forum that I found.

Thanks in advance for all the helpful suggestions.

Regards
Jayakrishnan M