Workshop Activity

Workshop Activity

by Flora Bentley -
Number of replies: 4

I'm trialling the workshop activity and wonder whether anyone can give me some feedback on the use of this tool. I understand how it works and how it is set up but I'm not sure how students are going to review each other's submitted assessment.

How do I assign a student to review an assignment? Are the submitted assignments viewable to everyone when the assessment phase opens?

Thanks,

Flora

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Flora Bentley

Re: Workshop Activity

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

There is documentation on the workshop here Workshop If you look especially at the See also section of Using workshop there is an ancient screencast I did on how it works  (a brief journey into the Moodle 2 workshop) - it should give you an idea - and also in that See also section there is a sample workshop with data you can play with on the School demonstration site.

by Steven A -

Flora,

It sounds like you've done all that you can to set up the Workshop as a "teacher", and now you're curious about the "student" experience. Because the "teacher" and "student" experiences in the Workshop are very different, it's worthwhile to make some fake students (3 should suffice) and actually do the workshop as students.  You'll see quickly that it's not too complicated.

You can allocate reviews to students manually or have Moodle do it automatically.

By default, the submitted assignments are viewable only to the author and reviewer, and only after you allocate them and enter the Assessment phase .

In reply to Steven A

by Flora Bentley -

Thanks Steven & Mary for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Flora

by Jayakrishnan M -
Hi Everyone,

I am running a Distance Education course in Moodle 2.6 which runs for 8 weeks and have around 1100 participants. These participants are divided into nearly 40 groups based on the location and I have group leaders from respective regions assigned as "Non-Editing Teachers" (equivalent to Teaching Assistants) who will help me in grading. These non-editing teachers are also participants (having a dual role of student).During the first two week, I had participants do lot of assignments (Either as Online Text or as file uploads). 

Now here is my issue. I do have a rubric developed to assess the student's work and I was going to allot it to these non-editing teachers. But I came across this workshop module, when my friend suggested it to me today morning and it has the much needed self and peer evaluation functionality that I actually need in the course. So is there a way to convert the submitted assignments into a workshop activity? i.e. Can i use those online texts and files without asking participants to re-upload them?

I tried going through several forums having explanations on various aspects of "Workshop module". But nowhere have they discussed this kind of requirement. I understand that I should have used Workshop initially, but just wanted to know whether it is possible within the current setup. Also do let me know whether I need to post this in a separate forum? I used the keyword workshop and posted in the first forum that I found.

Thanks in advance for all the helpful suggestions.

Regards
Jayakrishnan M