Moodle.org using Moodle 2.7

Moodle.org using Moodle 2.7

by Helen Foster -
Number of replies: 15
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Just to let you all know, moodle.org has recently been upgraded and is now running Moodle 2.7rc1. If you notice any problems, please let us know by either posting here or by creating a Moodle Community Sites issue in the Moodle Tracker.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moodle.org using Moodle 2.7

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Helen,

Why has the "smileys" button disappeared from the editor toolbar? Is this part of a new Moodle HQ policy to discourage overuse of emoticons?

Joseph wink

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Good point smile As with TinyMCE it's not one of the default plugins although it can be enabled. For reference: http://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Text_editor  But then we can add our own -smileys anyway smile so not an issue wink

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks Mary. I followed the documentation and added an emoticon button to the editor toolbar.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks Mary and Helen. approve

by Joseph Rézeau -

Just noticed another problem with the new (ATTO?) text editor used in Moodle 2.7 and on these forums. It is not possible to resize the editor's width, and not possible to diminish the height, only to increase it. Who took that decision? I want to be able to resize the editor window's height and width as I need, without these restrictions, as with the former tinyMCE editor.angry

Joseph

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I didn't notice that until you pointed it out Joseph, but I did some research in the tracker and it seems the decision not to allow width resizing was deliberate - see MDL-41716

In reply to Mary Cooch

by ben reynolds -

I'm noticing that third row of Atto editing buttons is not available on this site. That would be Font family, Font size, Find, Find and Replace, but some have been moved up to the second row. I'm comparing my 2.6.1 to this 2.7.

Is this intentional? Or is it a problem with my browser?

In reply to ben reynolds

by Mary Cooch -
It's intentionalwink Have a look at Text editor and also (I just added it) in Text editor FAQ I am missing some buttons in Atto that I had in TinyMCE
In reply to Mary Cooch

by ben reynolds -

Thanks, Mary.

Interesting about the no full screen button choice.

by Marc Grober -

As I recall a similar discussion, ALL decisions are MD's decisions.

by Mauno Korpelainen -

Joseph,

you can also change editor from your user profile in moodle 2.7 - default editor here is Atto but if you switch to TinyMCE you can resize editor height and width like before.

And you get the "Insert non-breaking space"-button there too wink

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Helen Foster

by steve mutuvi -

I have noted that the web service could be disabled. I am nolonger able to connect to the demo sites using Moodle Mobile