Importing

Importing

by Jorn Pauwels -
Number of replies: 3

Is there a list available of the standard capabilities of Moodle to import external data ? From which packages, which versions ?

For quiz questions it's possible to import from AON, Blackboard, Course Test Management, GIFT, IMS/QTI, Missing Word format and WebCT (don't know versions though)

For courses I know it's possible for Scorm 1.2, Blackboard 5.5, AICC

Any others ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jorn Pauwels

Re: Importing

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

Quiz questions may also be imported in Aiken format and Learnwise native format. smile
In reply to Helen Foster

by W Page -

Hi Jorn & Helen!

It would be nice to have a page in Moodle that listed this information.  Might already be one somewhere.  However, if it is not, you both appear to have done a lot of work pulling this information together.  Maybe both of you could collaborate and submit a doc called something like "Import Table" to the Documentation Project that would list the different modules and in what format information/data could be imported into them [after posting it here of course wink].

It sure would help a lot of folks. smile

WP1

In reply to W Page

by Jorn Pauwels -

It was one of my colleagues who asked me what the import possibilities of Moodle are. I've been looking for a page listing this, but did not find it.

To be honest, I just got the information I have out of some documents I found on this site (most importantly the release notes and the guide for Teachers, Trainers and Administrators), so I'm not sure if this information is correct or up to date, and can not test it either...