current course

current course

by Adriana Mikey -
Number of replies: 4

In my moodle, subject are display for current semester and previous semester. I would like to add new feature where only subject for current semester will be display.Anyone that kind will share any solutions.

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adriana Mikey

Re: current course

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Is that not up to the administrators to disable or unenrol (either manually or by enrolment dates) you from courses that are in the previous semester?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I always use separate categories and then hide the previous semester categories when they are done.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Adriana Mikey -

may I ask how?can we use sql command to do it?

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

No, Adriana, not at all, no need. It can be done in the way in which you use your front page settings and you can get more information in the Front Page FAQs. Read these two Moodle Docs (set to open in new windows) and that might help you understand how it can be done. BTW, it does not matter which version of Moodle you use, the information applies to all v2.0 to current Moodles. 

Essentially, the Front Page is an index to your site, if you set your page to display only Categories, then one category to be an Archive, you can reset any course, i.e. empty it of all enrollments, assignment submissions, forums, quiz responses etc. and then just move it to that category. If you only give permission to those people who need access to archived courses the course become inaccessible to anyone else. This is but one solution, the easiest and simplest for newbie Admins, I have found.   

Average of ratings: Useful (1)