I have developed a brand new theme, called 'Shoehorn', based upon the excellent work being done by Bas Brands, David Scotson and others on the Bootstrap theme.
I was inspired by what I had already created with the 'Shoelace' and 'Mutant Banjo' themes and with what Julian has been creating. But unlike 'Elegance' it does depend on the Bootstrap V3 theme for Moodle (full details in the Readme.md file). It does require release (and above) 18.104.22.168 of Collapsed Topics and 22.214.171.124 of the Grid course formats.
I wanted to create a theme that has all of the modern features you would want, along with an experimental ways of interacting with courses.
- Bespoke copyright statement.
- Bespoke login page message.
- Dynamic and customisable footer menu.
- Dynamic social icons sign with correct icon colours.
- Front page slider that can be disabled on mobiles / tablets reducing bandwidth.
- Footer blocks.
- Image bank for storing images that you can use anywhere on the site.
- Individual control over: front page slides, marketing spots and site pages with:
- 'Draft' / 'Published' state.
- 'before login', 'after login' or 'always' visibility.
- Set specific language only visibility.
- Marketing spots.
- Page bottom blocks.
- Site pages that you can customise with your own content.
- Slider navigation of course content with the 'One section per page' course layout setting.
Parent Bootstrap V3 from: https://github.com/gjb2048/theme_bootstrap/releases/tag/V2014032100
Demonstration of features:
Development gource render:
I cannot stress enough that this is BETA code and MUST NOT be used on PRODUCTION servers. It is for Moodle 2.6+, although I have not tested on M2.7 The theme has a new layout type 'page' which is not standard in core and therefore will not work in other themes.
I hope that you enjoy the theme and look forward to positive feedback.