Add-on Validation failed

Add-on Validation failed

by Andrew Akhtar -
Number of replies: 4

Hi

I'm trying to install a plugin I have created on an installation of Moodle running on MAMP.  The Moodle version is 2.5.4. 

I have a version running on another machine running Mamp under Moodle 2.4 and a version that installed with no problem on Moodle 2.6 which is on a live server (Not MAMP).  The issue seems to be with 2.5.4

For all installs I have created a zip folder on a Mac and the dragged and dropped the file on to the Install Add-on form.  For the 2.5.4 version I get an error Validation failed!, Invalid structure of ZIP package.

I've checked that the version in version.php is a valid value and turned on debug.

If I place the plugin directly into the mod folder and reload Moodle I get a white screen of death.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew Akhtar

Re: Add-on Validation failed

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Can you attach the ZIP here?

In reply to David Mudrák

by Andrew Akhtar -

Hi David

Thanks for the reply.  I can't upload the plugin i'm building as its for a client.  But as a test I tried installing the skeleton plugin I used to build the module base (zip attached).

https://github.com/moodlehq/moodle-mod_newmodule

This installs fine on Moodle 2.6 but throws a validation error in Moodle 2.5.

Is there an issue with Moodle 2.5 or something i've missed?

Regards

Andy

In reply to Andrew Akhtar

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
And what validation error do you get in 2.5? I just tried and for me, the mod_newmodule's validation passes in my local 2.5 installation.
In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Add-on Validation failed (SOLVED)

by Andrew Akhtar -

Hi

I found out what was going wrong.

The server max execution time was being exceeded.  I change the max_execution_time value in PHP.ini to a higher value and that fixed it.

Still not sure why for version Moodle 2.5 this goes over when 2.6 and 2.4 are fine.  This happened wherever 2.5 was installed MAMP or on a live hosted server.

Thanks for the help.

Andy