Images not showing in Moodle 2.6.2+ after upgrade

Images not showing in Moodle 2.6.2+ after upgrade

by Meher Bala -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

Recently I upgrade one of my clients website from Moodle 1.8.X --> Moodle 1.9 --> Moodle 2.0 --> Moodle 2.2 --> Moodle 2.3 --> Moodle 2.6.

NOTE: Moodle is installed in folder on the web server. It is not installed in the root directory.

All the upgrades were successful. But there are 2 issues which I need help:

Issue 1:
The issue I am facing is the path to all images, audio and pdfs are rending a not found error. All the images, audio and pdfs exists in the /moodledata folder. When I check the images path it is displayed as
http://[websitename]/[folder_where_moodle_is_installed]/file.php/2/Imagenes_/Screen_Shot_2012-06-12_at_9.48.24_PM.png

If I FTP to the server and go to /moodledata, there is a folder named 2. Inside that folder there is another folder named /moodledata/Imagenes_ and in that folder the image Screen_Shot_2012-06-12_at_9.48.24_PM.png is present. Hence I am puzzled as to why the image is not rendering.

Can any one let me what I am missing and how to resolve this issue.

Issue 2:
For a particular course I download an image to my desktop via FTP. Then reuploaded and replaced the old image with the new image.

Now when I view the path to the new image it is displayed as:
http://[websitename]/[folder_where_moodle_is_installed]/pluginfile.php/12/course/section/3/Screen_Shot_2012-06-12_at_9.48.24_PM.png

I though that /12 would be a folder created in /moodledata, but to my surprise there is no folder named /12 located in /moodledata.

Please can anyone tell me where does Moodle 2.6 store all images, pdf and audio uploaded via the Editor?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Meher Bala

Re: Images not showing in Moodle 2.6.2+ after upgrade

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi Meher,

Files are managed in a very different way in Moodle 2.

Please see the following documentation page: Moodle file handling, and do check the See also links at the end (e.g. Course files).

While the File API internals page is a bit technical, please make sure to read at least up to the File serving section (included) as this will help you get a better idea of how the new file handling method works in Moodle 2.x.

You will also need to check the Legacy course files pages (versions 2.0 and 2.6) and the Legacy files search results.

Some brief references:

Where are my uploaded images?

File location

Explanation on file picker

In reply to Guillermo Madero

Re: Images not showing in Moodle 2.6.2+ after upgrade

by ziv emet -

Hello, 

Id' appreciate to know how to solve the same problem.

1. I'm Using Moodle 3.02, as Admin.

2. When inserting an image using the file picker it is showed as broken link

3. After saving it is still broken

4. The Image url is like: " http:// myserver.com / pluginfile.php / 88 / mod_wiki / attachments / 1 / course_users.png

5. Browsing it directly, it redirects me to a login page..... (PERMISSION PROBLEM ?)  although i'm logged in as admin

6. I suspect it is some kind of privileges issue

Thank you

Ziv