Rubric preview missing from Grader Report

Rubric preview missing from Grader Report

by John D. Black -
Number of replies: 8

We can no longer preview Assignment rubric results in the Grader Report. As you can see in the attached comparison, the Preview icon (magnifying glass) that used to appear next to rubric scores seems to have disappeared sometime after version 2.2. The icon does still appear next to quiz results, however.

I'm logged in as the Administrator, so I assume it's not a lack of permission. I can’t find any rubric settings that would affect this. I tried it with IE8, Firefox, and Chrome. Searching Moodle.org didn’t yield results.

Does anyone know a way to make the preview available again? Is this a broken feature? Should I create a case in the Tracker?

Version 2.4.3

Attachment Missing Preview icon.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to John D. Black

Re: Rubric preview missing from Grader Report

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I don't have a version 2.2 handy to double check but I can confirm I don't see the preview magnifying glass in 2.6 and with other themes too (I thought it might be theme-related but it doesn't seem to be)

By the way, since I responded to this post I have deleted your other two duplicate posts in General Help and the Gradebook forums as it's not helpful to post in more than one place; it makes it harder for people to respondwink See our Site policy

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by John D. Black -

Mary,

That make perfect sense not to make multiple posts. I apologize and will remember that in the future. I didn't consider the theme issue because we're not using a theme and there was none used on the demo site.

Thanks,

John

In reply to Mary Cooch

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Mary and John,

For the past week, I've been grading some activities and felt there was something missing, but couldn't put my finger on it. It was this direct link from the gradebook grader report to an individuals submissions status page. The overall control of that icon is set at Site Administration > Grades > Report Settings > Grader Report > Show grade analysis icon.

If the activity module supports it, the grade analysis icon links to a page with more detailed explanation of the grade and how it was obtained. It is there for only some things in 2.2 such as SCORMS, activities, lessons, and tests. From 2.3 on, it is only there for SCORMS, lessons and tests. It seems to be missing for activities. Some things do not have it at all no matter which version of Moodle.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi John,

The grade analysis link is only available for the old 2.2 assignment activity and not for the new assignment. You could check in the tracker whether there are any plans to reimplement it.

In reply to Helen Foster

by John D. Black -

Thank you Helen and Al.

I had searched for it as "Preview Icon." Using "Grade Analysis Icon," I found MDL-35108 2.3 Assignments are missing the grading analysis icon/link in the grader report.

Unfortunately, it is currently unassigned, so I voted for it. I encourage others to do the same (please!)

Is there anything else I can do (as a non-developer) to get this fixed?

Re: Grade Analysis Icon missing from Grader Report

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Good work John finding MDL-35108 and mentioning it here, thus encouraging people to vote for it. smile

You'll notice that I just added 2.6.2 as affects version to hopefully increase the chances of it being fixed. You could also attach the image from your initial post to the tracker issue, as it illustrates the problem really well.

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Grade Analysis Icon missing from Grader Report

by John D. Black -

Helen,

Isn't this a regression? If so, can we get it listed on the Tracker as such. Perhaps that would get it assigned to someone. It also seems like a Gradebook issue, which is a hot topic right now. I'd really like to raise the visibility of this issue because it prevents supervisors from easily monitoring the progress of our trainees.

Thanks,

John

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi John,

Now that you have pointed this out as being missing, I would like to see it fixed, so I voted for it too. I just checked this in Moodle 2.6.2+ (Build: 20140320), and if you really want the capability, you COULD use the old assignment 2.2 type. The Grade Analysis icon still shows up for them.

The thing is, it takes two clicks in the old assignment and either 3 or 4 clicks in the new assignment, to get to the students feedback page. The first click just puts you in edit mode for changing the grade. thoughtful