administration block doesn't working!!

administration block doesn't working!!

by eda karacelebi -
Number of replies: 7

my moodle verison is 2.5.2. On my administration block, The links having dropdown menu items are not working. (i.e users, courses, grades..) But 5 links having the settings icons (i.e. notifications, registration, advance features..) are working. In a couple minutes ago, I completedly remove my navigation block. Is there any relationship between removing navigation and administration links? how can I fix this?

In the picture, the rec circles are non working links. green circles are working links.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to eda karacelebi

Re: administration block doesn't working!!

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. Please go through the suggestions in Blocks FAQ #13 My Administration block links don't expand!

In reply to Mary Cooch

Ynt: Re: administration block doesn't working!!

by eda karacelebi -

Hi Mary,

I did all the suggestion on the web page that you sent but still my admin block din't expandsad 

my problem has started after I removed my navigation completedly. I want to reinstall my navigation block again. I can see the navigation folder on my ftp/blocks folder. but on the blocks screen on MOodle, I can't. (Because I deleted)

How can I reinstall it? Maybe after reinstalling my navigation, my admin block works properly..?

Ynt: Re: administration block doesn't working!!

by eda karacelebi -

OK I can fix the problem. Yes it was about removing the navigation. After reinstalling it, my admin blocks expanding nowsmile I am very happyyyysmile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

Re: Ynt: Re: administration block doesn't working!!

by Ian Persifal -

Hi, perhaps I've found another easier solution to the "administrator's block and links that doesn't work".

If you can log in as Administrator then open this URL:

http://www.yourdomain.ext/moodleroot/admin/settings.php?section=http

(if you have the above problem you'll not able to open it by blocks or links, so you have to write it in your address bar).

Then disable the "slasharguments" option, that's all!

Your administrator's block and links are working again, now.

(Confirmed with Moodle 2.4 on Linux Host with Apache 2.2, PHP 5.3, MySQL 5.1)

In reply to Ian Persifal

by Sérgio Gonçalves -

Hi,

I have a similar problem. Some links in the admin block do not expand. I tryed your solution, but do not work for me. Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Attachment erro.jpg
In reply to Sérgio Gonçalves

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Typically, when this happens, it is a flaw in the theme. Try changing the theme to one of the standard ones that comes with Moodle and see if the problem goes away.

mike

In reply to Mike Churchward

by Sérgio Gonçalves -

Hi Mike

Thank you for your reply.

I fix it with this very simple solution:

You go to /admin/settings.php?section=ajax

Tick the box for "Use online YUI libraries (useexternalyui)"

Then refresh the page.

After checking the use online YUI libraries, can you go to /admin/purgecaches.php and purge the caches.

Works fine now!