Moodle Grade shows 0 on SCORM result.

Moodle Grade shows 0 on SCORM result.

by Dexter + -
Number of replies: 4

HI,

Has anyone encountered this? I have published a SCORM course using an authoring tool (Lectora), just a set of questions with multiple choices.

Recently, a user encountered an issue with his grade after taking the SCORM exam. He got a score of 88 but when he checked on Moodle's Grade portion of the course, 0 is displayed. As an admin, I checked the Interaction report and it marked the exam as passed, the same when I clicked the Tracke details. See screenshots below;

SS 1: Moodle records users SCORM result as 0. (Users claim that they did get a passing score).

SS 2: This is when "Track details" is clicked. Moodle mark the attempt as Passed.

SCORM Publishing settings (Lectora):

1.) Has bookmarking. Users will be directed to the last question they were at when connection is lost or if exam windows is closed.

2.) Passing grade is set to 80

3,) Questions are not randomized

4.) SCORM computes the grade after answering the final question.

We are still trying to simulate the issue but only get a hyphen "-" and not 0. We are still unsure what is causing the error if it is has something to do with the browser, the SCORM packaged (the way it was published), the LMS or the connection being interrupted.

I hope someone would be able to assist me on this. Thank you in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dexter +

Re: Moodle Grade shows 0 on SCORM result.

by Dexter + -

Can someone help me with this issue. I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks! smile

In reply to Dexter +

by Juliano Magalhães -

Sorry I can't help, Dexter. 

I suggest you try the Lectora support or community forums. If you find a solution, please share back with us.

Good luck!

In reply to Dexter +

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Dexter,
your Content is not storing the score i.e. Moodle cannot elaborate grading based on the given score.

You could activate the API logging to see when the Content sends the score to the LMS (here, Moodle) to try to understand when/why the score could not be transmitted.

HTH,
Matteo

In reply to Dexter +

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

From your screen print, it looks like some attempts get grades but some don't.  I've been wrestling with a similar (but not exactly the same) issue which appears to be browser related.  Apparently security settings in IE11 don't play well with SCORM products.  I'd heard several months ago that it didn't play well with Lectora, but really, it is SCORM.  For my users, sometimes it doesn't store any data, which is a problem, but it isn't consistent.  Changing security settings (don't know which ones, IT is the one testing it) resolves the issue.  Is there a difference in the browser used between those getting credit and those not getting credit?

Although...if you look at your suspend_data...the variables have been submitted and your test score is 0, so maybe the user did something to clear the score or something that is coded in overwrote the score?  I over-write scored in several of my titles for a variety of reasons (one replaces the grade with either 50 or 100...because the percentage isn't what we score). 

I've found with Lectora that their pre-generated "Cancel" button doesn't cancel, it basically submits and causes chaos.  I always remove them.  The "-" only shows up before the grade is submitted.  Once you have "completed" or "passed" a module, it displays the grade.