Overwritten File won't display

Overwritten File won't display

by Deborah Delin -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Gordon,

Sorry, I have another issue.  I need to change the links on some HTML files which were within my TaskChains (so they would link to my new TaskChains and not to the old Quizports).  I changed the links and uploaded the new files to the Repository via FTP.  But however much I cleared my browsers the new links would not appear.  So I cleared the TaskChain cache.  Now the files which I overwrote via FTP do not display at all.  Just a "continue" button displays.  

Here is an example of one of them.

Even if I delete the TaskChains and re-build them - which I don't want to do because they have taken me hours to build (I've got a complicated setup) - I will still need to change the links once I create the new TaskChains and as am unable to add new tasks, it seems I will never succeed.

I hope I have made my problem clear; it's complicated and I am having a bit of a melt down!

Hoping you can wave your magic wand and resolve all these issues.

Thank you,

Deborah

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deborah Delin

Re: Overwritten File won't display

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I think the problem is that the html file, "A_Encouragement_12.htm", for this task, "Encouragement 12" in the "Part 2" TaskChain  in the "Stage A Learning the Sounds" course, is not well-formed html. This makes it impossible for TaskChain to locate the <head> and <body> sections of the document.

There are two things I suggest you do:

1. Try setting a a different htm file, such as "A_Encouragement_11.htm", as the "Main file" for this task. If that works, then you know that the problem is with "A_Encouragement_12.htm" file 
  2. convert the "A_Encouragement_12.htm" file to be a well-formed HTML file

regards
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

Re: Overwritten File won't display

by Deborah Delin -

Oh dear my mistake!  Thank you so much for looking into this.  I replaced the page with a properly formed HTML page and it works fine now.

Thank you again,

Deborah