bigbluebutton : exception : string could not be parssed as xml

bigbluebutton : exception : string could not be parssed as xml

by amir asgari -
Number of replies: 4

i installed BBB on my PC also Moodle on MY sharing host.

BBB works correctly on my pc.

when i want to create a virtual classe in moolde this error appears :  exception : string could not be parssed as xml

i did following acts:

port forwardin

get a static ip for my pc

i need help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to amir asgari

Re: bigbluebutton : exception : string could not be parssed as xml

by Jesus Federico -
Picture of Plugin developers

Most likely your Moodle server can not communicate with your BigBlueButton server (assuming you have your own)

Take a look to this thread. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/bigbluebutton-setup/LLNBJtRxZdA

In reply to Jesus Federico

by amir asgari -

thank you.

it was exactly my problem jesus.

but in the last paragraph he mentionned these phrases:

All solved - we were using an internal IP address 192.168. etc but we switched settings on our internet service provider to have the upper level IP address 82.30.xxx.xxx to be accessible. I then pointed BBB to the new IP since it changed using sudo bbb-conf --setip <host>. All solved.

the upper IP address is static IP address?
i cant understand what he did.

my internal IP address of BBB is :192.168.1.10
my static IP  adress is :41.100.XX.XX

you mean i should repalce internal ip adress by external(static)?

i used this command: sudo bbb-conf --setip (my static IP)
but BBB only works with my internal IP address.

In reply to amir asgari

by Jesus Federico -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi amir,

No sorry, I wasn't giving you a solution. Just trying to point you to a possible cause of the problem and how to do the diagnosis. It is not possible at all to say what a problem is with just few information as the one you provided in your original post (only the error message).

This is what you can do to see if you have communication between servers:

>You can test by logging into your Moodle server, if you can, at the ssh prompt and enter the command

>
>
>and substitute whatever_ip_address_you_have with the IP/hostname of your BigBlueButton server.  You should see
>
><response><returncode>SUCCESS</returncode><version>0.81</version></response>
>
>in response.  If not, it means that your Moodle server is not able to make an HTTP connection to your BigBlueButton server,
>which would also cause the BigBlueButtonBN plugin to not work.

If you only want the services to be used internally so you  can use the private IPs, but if you want them to be used externally you better use the public IPs. If moodle is going to be private and bigbluebutton public so you need to configure the public address in bbb and to add the entry in a DNS for the moodle server and internal users.

As you see there are too many possible combinations.

Bottom line, your moodle server must have communication with your bigbluebutton server. How you configure them depends of your goals.

Also remember, the more information you provide when describing your problem the more accurate response you can get.

I would say provide more technical details about what you want accomplish and what is your configuration so far.

Regards,

Jesus Federico

In reply to Jesus Federico

by amir asgari -

Hi Jesus,

thanks

i follow as you said,when i type this command in my BBB server

>wget http://192.168.1.5/bigbluebutton/api -O - i can see these lines:
<response><returncode>SUCCESS</returncode><version>0.81</version></response>.
and in my moodle server i used my external IP adress (URL ) http://46.100.61.XXX/bigbluebutton/
but as you said it seems that moodle can not communicate with my BBB (my moodle is  on my sharing host ,my BBB is on my laptop
i unistall and reinstall every things, but the same error occured.

i have also a question. how we can set our external IP to BBB using this command sudo bbb-conf --setip my-external IP,
my BBB works only with this IP (192.168.1.5) because any other IP doesnt match with IP from ifconfig (my if config 192.168.1.5)
it is for 9 days i have this problem and each day i work on this about 5 hours per day without any results. i need really this.
 if you have time i can give you my moodle,BBB and my laptop remote user and pass to help me.

i forwarded these ports: 80,9123,1935 for this IP (192.168.1.5) but access to my BBB through internet is not possible,
this url (46.100.61.XXX/bigbluebutton/api) doesnt show anything (show only error 404 filenot found)
i should say that i installed BBB by VM on windows 7.