Submission notification not sent to teacher or student

Submission notification not sent to teacher or student

by Corin Lawson -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I am using Moodle 2.5.3, PHP 5.3.21

I'm at loss as to why the teacher doesn't receive an email when a student makes a submission to an assignment. Incidentally the student doesn't receive an email either.

Email is working for the server (forum posts are being emailed).

I have set "Require students click submit button" to No, "Notify graders about submissions" to Yes and I have even assigned the relevant person as a teacher under "Locally assigned roles".

I've checked the messaging settings under the student's profile and that of the teacher's. The email column is ticket under Assignment notifications.

These assignments were upgraded from the old assignments module, which created in Moodle 1.9.

Please help.

Corin.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Corin Lawson

Re: Submission notification not sent to teacher or student

by Corin Lawson -

I investigated the code of the assign_submission_file class (mod/assign/submission/file/locallib.php) and discovered that it doesn't overwrite the cron static function. Is this correct? I expected that it would be picking up unmailed submissions and sending an email.

The cron function for the module only seems to pick up graded submissions (table: assign_grades).

In reply to Corin Lawson

by Corin Lawson -

As it turns out I had set $CFG->divertallemailsto in the config file!

In reply to Corin Lawson

by Chris Megahan -
Picture of Core developers

I don't think a student is supposed to receive an email when they submit an Assignment. Have you set the "Notify graders about submissions" setting to yes in the module setting's "Assignment settings"?

In reply to Chris Megahan

by Yoon Falk Jensen -

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response. Students always get an email receipt when they submit (2.6) even when he/she submits in a group. However, the remaining group members do not. 

I have not set the "Notify graders about submissions" to yes as I do not wish for the graders to receive a notification.

Cheers,

Yoo