Creating personality test with multiple scores of a single option

Creating personality test with multiple scores of a single option

by Mrityunjay Kumar -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I am using Questionnaire add-on for 2.6 and it is awesome! I am trying to do the following, and I am wondering if there is a way to do it. 

If this has been asked before, I apologize, I couldn't find using the search, pointer to those threads will be much appreciated. 

I have about 30 questions. Some of them are multiple choice (one or more options correct) and others are rating type (1-5). I have 5-6 categories under which I want to report the score in (something like "quality of engagement, quality of workplace, short-term success, etc."). Each option in each question contributes a score to each of these categories (this part is different from 'personality test' included in Questionnaire where each score contributes to the score of the section). For example, if someone selects option A of Question 4, I want to say, add 1 to "Quality of Engagement", 2 to "Quality of workplace, and 5 to "short-term success". Thus I get aggregate for each category after completion by a student, which I then want to show in exactly the same way as 'personality test'. 

I am trying to see if this is possible to do, and if so how, in Questionnaire. If there is another way to model this question set so that it fits current 'personality test', I will appreciate those inputs too. 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mrityunjay Kumar

Re: Creating personality test with multiple scores of a single option

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

HI,

As you have understood from the Questionnaire Personality Test feature documentation, what you are trying to do is not possible.

You will have to rephrase your questionnaire questions in order to get the final result you want. I am pretty sure this is possible.

It would help if you posted here the complete text and options of your sample "Question 4", so I can suggest how to rephrase them.

You write "Some of [my questions] are multiple choice (one or more options correct) ...". Please note that in survey-like activities such as Questionnaire, the notion of "correctness" does not exist. That activity is not meant to test a student's knowledge (as in Quiz or Lesson etc.)

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mrityunjay Kumar -

Thanks Joseph for quick response. You are right about the 'one or more are correct' phrase - I meant one or more are selected (there are no right or wrong). 

Here is an example question (somewhat changed from original, I am sorry it may sound a bit complicated)

In my 1-1 with my manager, most of the time goes in discussing [select one or more]

1. Project issues
  2. My career goals and interests
  3. Random topics
  4. No 1-1

I have 3 categories of behaviors that I am tracking about Manager's engagement with employee: Manager Engagement, Work Alignment, Career Alignment. If user selects option #1, I add 4 to "Work Alignment" and 0 to "Career Alignment", If #2, add 4 to "Career Alignment" and 0 to Work Alignment. For #3 and 4 0 for both. For #1 and #2, I will add 4 for Manager Engagement, and for #3 and 4, I will add 0 for Manager Engagement. 

Basically, I am trying to ask minimum number of questions and trying to track a few workplace behaviors, and each response actually tells about more than one such behaviors. 

In reply to Mrityunjay Kumar

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks for the details. Sorry I do not understand "No 1-1": is that "No" as "opposite of Yes" or as Number? I have no idea what it means anyway.

I'm not too sure either about your use of "alignment" in that context.

I'm afraid you will probably have to re-think the way your formulate your questions, maybe have more questions, in order to fit the "personality test" feature of Questionnaire.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mrityunjay Kumar -

Sorry for being unclear, question and context is for a corporate setting where an employee has to have one-to-one meeting with his manager and get support for the work and for his career development. 

You are right: I will have to rethink my questions and break them further so that one answer is used to score only one category. Thanks for the help.