Turnitin: expansion to web service

Turnitin: expansion to web service

by Mike Wilson -
Number of replies: 1

I've created a feature request on Turnitin's UserVoice page. I'm hoping to drum up a bit of interest in an slight expansion to Turnitin's moodle facing web services. If any-one fancies up-voting the feature request, I'd really appreciate it.

Here's a link to the feature request:

https://turnitin.uservoice.com/forums/219534-turnitin-road-map-new-features-/suggestions/5543220-expansion-to-tti-web-service-text-comment-field

Plus a bit of a summary of what the feature request is all about:

We've developed an Assessment Feedback web application which integrates via web services with Moodle. The application draws in assignment feedback comments and grades for Moodle core assignments. The idea behind it being that we are trying to get our students to engage with the constructive feedback associated with their submissions, not just the grades. The grades for Turnitin assignments are returned to the Moodle gradebook so we would be able to display these in the application.

We would also like to display the text comments field from Turnitin's Grademark page, in the application. It's worth bearing in mind that we're not looking to re-invent the wheel. The complex functionality in Grademark would not be displayed in the application nor things like rubrics from Moodle. We want to engage students with their feedback and encourage them to follow a link to our systems (Moodle / Turnitin) to find out more in-depth, useful feedback.

We'd like the Turnitin integration with Moodle to pass the text comment field along with the assignment grade. Having access to this summary comment would allow us to include the field in the assessment feedback application.

We see this app as a gateway for students to be able to access important information about their assignments from their smartphone or tablet.

---------------------------

I'm still developing the assessment feedback web-app and plan to release it to the Moodle community when complete. Here are a few screenshots for those who are interested in seeing a bit more:

assignments group assignments menu
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Wilson

Re: Turnitin: expansion to web service

by Mike Wilson -

Looks like Turnitin need to moderate my feature request before it can be voted on (no comment). It should be open for voting soon.