PoodLL and Windows XP

PoodLL and Windows XP

by Susan Fleming -
Number of replies: 2

Hello

We are running Moodle 2.5.1+ (Build: 20130712) Version 2013051401.02 and have had PoodLL working successfully since last summer.  This semester I have a student using Windows XP who reports she is able to record using PoodLL but is unable to upload the PoodLL file.  She is following the directions provided and can get to step 6 but is unable to see/click the Next button to proceed to step 7.  This is the only student in a class of 18 to report a problem and I have been unable to duplicate it. 

Has anyone encountered a similar issue and if so, were you able to resolve it? 

Thank you,

Susan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Susan Fleming

Re: PoodLL and Windows XP

by Susan Fleming -

Tracked down a computer running XP and absolutely no issues with recording using PoodLL using either Firefox or Internet Explorer; I also received confirmation from the developer of PoodLL that it is XP compatible so I am starting to think, this may be a user issue and relate to the local computer configuration.  If anyone can point me in another direction, I would be wide open to ideas...

In reply to Susan Fleming

Re: PoodLL and Windows XP

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I run a classroom full of XP based computers. With all the add-ons we use, including PoodLL, the only time one of them has had a problem like this was when we forgot to make sure the browser add-ons were enabled after various updates. Students sometimes miss the little pop-up warnings or turn them off without bothering to read them.