admin settings for advanced grading methods

admin settings for advanced grading methods

by Marcus Green -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I cannot see any code that would support admin settings for advanced grading methods. I also cannot see any options for uninstalling new advanced grading methods that have been installed. Are these desirable things (apart from by me of course), and if so how hard would they be to develop? I am familiar with the settings.php file for question types and have had a look at the code in

plugins.php

And I think i can see how it generally works, but are there any hidden complexities?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marcus Green

Re: admin settings for advanced grading methods

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I have been working on the BTEC advanced_grading method code

(see https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=218666 )

and there seems to be a peculiarity between moodle 2.5 and later. With version 2.5 you get an uninstall option and none with later versions. This seems true for Moodle 2.6 and the early code for 2.7. Has something been missed out in the admin code for advanced_grading methods? The attached screen shot shows the admin interface for exactly the same code for Moodle 2.5 and for Moodle 2.6. I have included the checklist plugin as well to ensure it is not something peculiar with the code I am working on.

Attachment advanced.png