Archaius_cannot assign roles in block

Archaius_cannot assign roles in block

Höfundur Roy Bentley -
Number of replies: 3

I have admin access, yet when I try to 'assign roles' to any block on a course page (basically to control visibility), I get the message "You are not allowed to assign roles here". I can see the 'assign roles' option on the block edit menu, but keep getting the same message. Would be grateful for a little guidance.

Moodle: 2.6 (Build: 20131118)

Archaius Theme: 2013120500

Meðaltal dóma: -
In reply to Roy Bentley

Re: Archaius_cannot assign roles in block

Höfundur Gareth J Barnard -
Mynd af Core developers Mynd af Particularly helpful Moodlers Mynd af Plugin developers

This is on the awesome bar and does not happen in another theme?

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Höfundur Richard Oelmann -
Mynd af Core developers Mynd af Particularly helpful Moodlers Mynd af Plugin developers Mynd af Testers

No, its on blocks on the page - from memory Archaius doesn't use the awesomebar.

Roy - as Gareth suggests, could you check this on standard theme to see if the issue is definitely with the theme. Permissions and roles don't seem to have any link to the theme normally, but there could be a clash somewhere bros

In reply to Richard Oelmann

Höfundur Mary Cooch -
Mynd af Documentation writers Mynd af Moodle HQ Mynd af Particularly helpful Moodlers Mynd af Testers Mynd af Translators

This isn't a theme issue -on that screen where you get the "you are not allowed to assign roles" message scroll down to the admin block on one side and you will see a link "Permissions" Do it from there.