I would like to know how to setup recurrent courses (ex: 6 months, 1 year, 3 year). Our employees need to take same course at different intervals. thanks
I would be interested in this.
Does Moodle have a feature to set up a learning plan per student or student group, where such courses would be elements of the plan? It may be required to assign the same person to multiple learning plans of different courses
I too would be interested in this.
We have a number of training courses for staff that need to be repeated annually, eg. Fire Safety, Food Hygiene, etc. and I am not sure of the best way to manage this.
I also would like to know how to setup reoccurring courses. Once an employee finishes a course, I need him to be automatically re-enrolled in that course at a future date, for example 1 year from then.
I did not see any answers posted on this topic. Was any progress made towards determining an answer?
This is a common question.
- Learning plans (in the plugin database) may be of interest.
- Martin has hinted at some sort of workplace learning future in Moodle https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=319481#p1281711
- Some of the niche brands of Moodle have this built in.
I have created a Scheduler plugin which may provide a solution. The Scheduler allows you to set a time period for a course after which users are enrolled again. They will be notified by email. Optionally, you can also have the old results removed before the user is enrolled again.
If you're interested, shoot me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I would be glad if you can share me that plan.
One thing, it would be great if you can have an alternative of removing the previous results as they could be required for archives and talent management system. Just saving the previous activity and result as it is and enrolling a student to that course again and issuing certificates and saving activities of it as a new result.
Just I'll mail you to taste your moodle fruit
Yemane, the plugin has a setting that automatically does one of the following:
- upon re-enrollment you can save the previous results; all grades, all user data in the activities, or:
- upon re-enrollment all previous results are erased (including grades), except for certificates
I am working with a problem like this and have been for 6 years with different solutions. Based on the conversation so far, my issue may be different than yours but I will tell you anyway.
My challenge has been to give date specific timelines to groups of learners running on different timelines. For example, I have full year, sem 1, sem 2, and summer students all in the same moodle course. I tried copying the course, but that made course revisions quite horrible to manage. So, I have opted for groups and groupings plus an external calendar that we link to the moodle course.
Here are the bare bones:
- I have a course organize in activity clusters that take about 3 hours each. Each one is in a section (for full year, the section is one week of work, for semester kids two sections are one week, and for summer, two sections are one day).
- All of our assignments are dumped into the external calendar (contained in our LOCKER) . There I link each assessment item to a date in a calendar for each learning group. That gives a timeline to each group. I can customize each student's timeline within that based on starting late. Our technical guy is pretty clever.
- The groupings then help me to focus student attention of their next activity by revealing only the next few weeks of work at a time. This is triggered by larger assessment pieces like unit tests.
I hope this helps. I will be posting my own question here regarding making conditional restrictions easier to edit en masse.