A Question for Daryl Hawes concerning the RSS Block

A Question for Daryl Hawes concerning the RSS Block

by Urs Hunkler -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers

Hi Daryl,

I read in another thread, that you have written the great RSS block.

The headers of the RSS are much higher than those of the other blocks due to the lines:

.block_rss_client .title {
  padding-top:10px;
  font-size:1.0em;
}

in the CSS file in the block folder. Why did you change padding-top to make the header higher?

Urs

By the way, it took me some time to find the source of this special display characteristic (bug). If you use the "styles.php" in the block folder only for some really basic layout properties and add all the styling to the CSS files of the standard theme it would be much easier to find the attributes. The styles.php files are too far off the scope to be a good place for styling.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Urs Hunkler

Re: A Question for Daryl Hawes concerning the RSS Block

by Daryl Hawes -
I am responsible for the functionality of the block - I brought over the guts and added some extras. However, I'm not much on CSS yet so I did nothing on the presentation elements. Martin actually added all the CSS specific bits you are referring to for the rss_client block. So I guess given your question the subject of your post should really read "A Question for Martin Dougiamas concerning the RSS Block"
In reply to Daryl Hawes

Re: A Question for Martin concerning the RSS Block

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Correct that's me! big grin

I can't remember why I did the CSS that way, there was a good reason at the time and it looked OK. Please fix it if you like, Urs.

About styles.php,though, any basic layout can go in there, just not colors and fonts etc. You can always see the complete layout appearing in the standard/styles.php if you want a reference to look at.