Backing up Turnitin assessments with Moodle Direct

Backing up Turnitin assessments with Moodle Direct

by Davin Scampton -
Number of replies: 0

All,

Throwing this in here mostly for feedback because it is really becoming an issue for me and wondering if anyone is in the same boat.

At the end of each semester, I take a manual back up of the courses, and then reset all of them. This means that staff will have a clean slate to work on when they get back from leave, student data is removed, and I have a copy of all the student work on CD/shared drive etc.

However, the Turnitin assignments sit on the server in the States, and I cannot seem to be able to keep a copy of the Grademark reports from Turnitin that the staff have created. Staff can do bulk downloads of either the original documents, as PDFs or in Moodle Direct v2, of the Grademark reports (currently in the testing phase here), and so I can too, but currently I believe that this would involve going to each course, finding each of the assessments, making a copy - you all know the drill. The job, with the back ups and restes would take somewhere in the region of 6 weeks as there is only me doing it for about 400 courses.

It is a legal requirement of the country I am working in that all student work be kept for 10 years, along with staff feedback etc. And I cannot have all that information sitting in the server for that long as it would soon implode.

Please - any thoughts, suggestions, work arounds - greatly appreciated. Even something to show my boss that i am not just trying to avoid work ;)

Using Moodle 2.5.1, Turnitin Direct Plugin v1 (although planning to upgrade today to v2 - all going to plan)

Average of ratings: -