Full list of Functions and features?

Full list of Functions and features?

by Andrew Groza -
Number of replies: 8
Hi all,
I was just wondering if anyone has a definitive list of functions and features of moodle 2.6? My organization is looking to upgrade from 1.9 and want to compare the two.
I am new to the community (though have been using moodle for several years), and I have not been able to find one.
If any one can help me out, that would be much appreciated.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Full list of Functions and features?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

(and just noting that Features will be getting a facelift soon too)

Specifically to new features of 2.6, there is also New features

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Doug Moody -

Mary,

Do you know if 2.6 adds more support in the calendar for importing and exporting in other calendar types? My need is that my school system's website uses a calendar type that Moodle doesn't support, so I can't sync calendar events between the two. I use 2.5 now and was just wondering..

Thanks.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Andrew Groza -

Thanks heaps for your responses Mary and Tim.

I was hoping to avoid having to go through all those lists if someone had already done that smile

Will do.

In reply to Andrew Groza

by Derek Chirnside -

If you post a list of features of 1.9 I'll add a list of 2.6 aspects in comparison. 

Wont take long 

But if you visit the Moodle demo you'll learn a lot. 

Derek. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Derek Chirnside

by Andrew Groza -

Thanks Derek! Would really appreciate it. I'll see if my ICT team have one and I'll post it. If not, we'll go through the slow task of starting from scratch and doing the above. :s

In reply to Andrew Groza

by Donna Pettiford -

Hi Andrew

Did you end up putting together a full list of functions and features? I am new to the Moodle community and am trying to locate a definitive list of functions and features for Moodle V2.7. I there isn't anything available for 2.7 I thought I might be able to start with your full list and then add to it.

Thanks

Donna

In reply to Donna Pettiford

by Derek Chirnside -

Nope.  I never got the 1.9 list to start with.

Basically I have seen a lot of people dippy dippy round and worry about the shift and to do or not to do and then basically after a few minutes of getting their hands dirty and playing they become converted.

Then the hard work begins to actually do the shift 1.9 > 2.x, upgrading servers, plugins etc and do the brain shift thing to the new paradigm of 2.x.

Things you can do: Buy the Packt book, watch some videos on YouTube.

I do not know of a definitive "list" anywhere.

Doing this you will waste a bit of time as there is not way to check that all the videos are worth it, on the right version etc etc.  As Tim said, the facts are spread across lots and lots of documents.  But you will get there.

-Derek