New to Moodle need a little styling guidence

New to Moodle need a little styling guidence

by judith rohatiner -
Number of replies: 2

I am working on a site at http://themedev.colloquy360.us/. The background image in this rule will not seem to move up:

#page-login-index > div.container > header > nav > div > div > ul {
height: 35px;
min-width: 330px;
background-image:url();
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position: right top;
list-style: none;
}

I know it is heirchy related but I have gone through it with a fine tooth comb and cannot figure out which div is blocking it and why I cant get around (over) it. If anyone can offer any help with this I would be really grateful! Thanks and TGIF!

Judith

Average of ratings: -
In reply to judith rohatiner

Re: New to Moodle need a little styling guidence

by Dale Davies -

If it helps I edited the header on your login page so it was the same as the home page, this CSS works for me...

.navbarclass {
    background-color: transparent;
    background-image: url("");
    background-size: 100% 100%;
    height: 91px;
    margin: 35px 0px 0px 0;
}

Depending on where the styles are originally declared you may want to suffix your margin rule with !important to force it to override.

I find Chrome's Inspector tool extremely useful for this type of task.

In reply to Dale Davies

Re: New to Moodle need a little styling guidence

by judith rohatiner -

Dale:

So kind of you to have replied to this post! When I noticed you had replied I just had to add that this solution was really so easy once I realized that there were multiple server side caching issues (performance issues....) and so thank you so much for your kindness. And yes, I have used !important successfully in my moodle dev; but-for good reason- not too much. Just keepin' it DRY "as they say" lol.

All the Best

Judith smile smile

Attachment screenshot-dev.lms.elearningctr.com 2015-04-10 14-37-16 (2).png