Moodle 2.6 - Uploaded SCORM package location

Moodle 2.6 - Uploaded SCORM package location

wót Sameer Kshirsagar -
Anzahl Antworten: 4

Hi All, 

I have setup the Moodle 2.6 on my machine successfully and also uploaded some SCORM package. But I am not able to find out the exact location of the SCORM packages which were uploaded.

I need to download these uploaded SCORM package. Can anyone tell me where exactly these packages are getting stored? Or is there any other configuration settings required for storing these SCORM packages from where it can be download easily?

Thanks, 

Sameer K.

Als Antwort auf Sameer Kshirsagar

Re: Moodle 2.6 - Uploaded SCORM package location

wót Florent Picard -

Hi Sameer:

Please find, in the attached Word Document, a procedure to answer your question.

Florent Picard

Teacher at Cegep (College) Montmorency, Laval, Québec, Canada.

Als Antwort auf Florent Picard

wót Sameer Kshirsagar -

Thanks Florent for your help. I have follow all the steps mentioned in the attached document. but its not working.

Actually I need to download the uploaded scorm zip package using some code. The code written out side the moodle will download the scorm zip package into the local machine. For this reason I need to find out the exact location where these scorm packages are uploaded.

Thanks, 

Sameer K

wót Florent Picard -

Hi Sameer:

Please find, in the attached image, the steps to follow to retreive and download a zip SCORM package on Moodle 2.4+, using the File Repository PlugIn.

You already have the steps to install File Repository on Moodle.

Good Luck.

Florent Picard, teacher at Cegep (College) Montmorency, Laval, Québec, Canada.

Anhang RetreiveSCORMpackageOnMoodle24+png.png

wót Matteo Scaramuccia -
Nutzerbild von Core developers Nutzerbild von Peer reviewers Nutzerbild von Plugin developers

Hi Sameer,
the package can be also downloaded with your browser "guessing" the URL pointing to that file:

http://hostname/path/to/moodle/pluginfile.php/<context_id>/mod_scorm/package/0/<package_name>

You just need to look at the SCORM activity settings to take note of the file name of the package as well as launch the course to take note of the contest by right-click on an image element of a page of the content to look at the URL.
It requires a user with the moodle/course:manageactivities permission, to preserve the access to that file to authorized people.
Unfortunately, a bug is preventing the download but you can easily follow MDL-43818 to fix it.

If you're brave and your Moodle instance is not in production you could also give DAVRoot a try: some day I will check the compatibility against 2.6, 2.7 and with PHP 5.4 including some cache based on MUC.

HTH,
Matteo