Collapsed Topics updated for Moodle 2.5 and 2.6

Collapsed Topics updated for Moodle 2.5 and 2.6

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi all,

Download from:

M2.5: https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=5210.

M2.6: https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=5211.

Fixes some minor bits:

1. Fixed Essential theme overriding toggle text colour - see: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=251951.
  2. Fixed bullet point styles - see: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=251944.
  3. Refactored 'print_single_section_page()' in 'renderer.php' to call parent version of method and thus reduce code duplication and maintenance.
  4. Removed duplicate section title when editing.

As there is not enough time left in the universe to test to ensure that CT will never fail, please report issues with as much detail as possible even if it seems trivial.  The 'Essential' issue is a third party theme and hence as I only test with core would not have been picked up.  It would be impossible for me to test with all possible contributed plugin combinations.

Cheers,

Gareth

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Collapsed Topics updated for Moodle 2.5 and 2.6

by Chris Toselli -

Hi Gareth

I might be missing something, but I am not getting the collapsed topics settings icon appear when I turn editing on.  I thought that this might have been to do with using the "essential" theme so I switched it to Afterburner.  But it still is not displaying, so I am unable to change the settings. (I would like to remove the toggle words and change the colour.  I have the latest version (after plugin check on Moodle which automatically upgraded the plugin)

Thanks

Chris

Attachment Moodle-Collapsed-Topics-Issue.jpg
Attachment server_version.jpg
In reply to Chris Toselli

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Chris,

You will find them combined with the course settings.  Under 'Course administration' click on 'Edit settings'.

M2.4 introduced functionality for course formats to define their own settings in core, so I removed the old bespoke form in favour of that.  That helped me to remove a custom table and therefore backup code too.  Making things more maintainable.

Cheers,

Gareth

by Chris Toselli -

Hi Gareth

Thank you very much for you very quick reply.  This is what I am getting in terms of capacity to change colour and other features.  I think I'm missing something then..

Attachment Display.jpg

by Gareth J Barnard -

They are under 'Course format' at the top of your screen shot.

by Chris Toselli -

Hi Gareth - thanks for that quick reply.  I managed to sort it as a global setting but I still couldn't find it under an individual course - the course format area just allows me to choose collapsed topics.  All sorted though - thanks again for your help.

by Gareth J Barnard -

Hi Chris,

Just noticed that under the reset options for the format, the top reset line is missing the four times that can be seen on the second line.  This indicates that the custom capabilities have not been installed correctly.  And hence why you do not see the settings under 'Course format'.  This will also mean that all teachers etc. will also not be able to edit the settings.  When installing did you go to 'Notifications' under 'Site Administration'?

Gareth