Decaf for Moodle v2.6.1+

Decaf for Moodle v2.6.1+

by Derek Chirnside -
Number of replies: 11

Decaf version 2013112502  I'm posting here since the plugins database doesn't manage images.

I know Paul is working on things for a new version, and this is only RC1.

In general, seems to be working OK.

On home page I get no dropdown menu.  I sometimes got this on the old decaf (our current 2.4+ version)

Attachment Decaf menu.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Derek Chirnside

Re: Decaf for Moodle v2.6.1+

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Is "Activity editing menus" off? See test instructions of MDL-43558.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Derek Chirnside -

Didn't even notice these two settings.

Yes, both are ON.

Tx.

by Derek Chirnside -

Just upgraded.  This is occurring in adding an image in the editor, with file picker behind dialogue box:

Also this:

Decaf: 2013112502

Moodle: Moodle 2.6.1+ (Build: 20140117)

-Derek

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Derek,

With 2.6.1 (Build: 20140113) and RC2 of Decaf I cannot replicate all bar the File Picker issue.  It appears that the Insert image is allocated a z-index of 5006 and the File picker 5005 - hence the issue.  I think this is new core functionality so could be an issue in all themes.

Cheers,

Gareth

by Gareth J Barnard -

Interestingly in clean, insert image gets a z-index of 5004 and the File picker 5005.  Something odd happening.

I wonder how the z-index allocation functionality works.  If it's a first come first served, then perhaps there is a logic issue in Decaf.

by Paul Nicholls -

At a glance, it looks as though the issue is caused by the z-index of 1500 being applied to div.moodle-dialogue-base in decaf's core.css.  That was added in order to fix an issue in 2.3, so I'll look into it a bit further and see what I can do to resolve this issue without breaking anything else.

In reply to Paul Nicholls

by David Sturrock -

To backup Pauls comment I've found that adding the following to the decaf custom css fixes the problem without any other apparent issues so far:

div.moodle-dialogue-base {z-index:5011;}

I've also had to roll back a change in RC3 renderers.php to get awesome bar course child menus working for me - see details here.

Re: Decaf, Moodle v2.6.1+, breaks GRID format

by Derek Chirnside -

Having seen how nice grid looks in the NMIT course, I had another look at it today. But Decaf seems to restyle label in CSS, which means it has a grey background when I use Decaf + Grid as in the image below.

Decaf 2013112502

-Derek

by Derek Chirnside -

Please cancel this question for now.  It's not just in Grid, it seems to be broken over the whole site in all labels, we have no custom CSS and it was not like this Wednesday.  

Need to do more investigating

-Derek

by Gareth J Barnard -

Umm, image credit and identifying the offending class in Decaf or parent theme = me!  From my email to Derek.  Also stated, has didley squat to do with the Grid format as all my formats only set colour etc. for their specific functionality.

by Derek Chirnside -

Yes, Image credit to Gareth.  Fix in Decaf seems to be this:

.label { background-color: #fff; color: #000; font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%; display: block; text-shadow: none; }

Thanks to one of our Moodle guys.

It just goes to show how scrupulous you need to be in managing details.  On Wednesday when we upgraded I was paranoid about stuff like the editor which flunked in 1 out of three trial sites  (And still is) so on our list of tests there was "Does the edit appear in the label?".  I went back to my test site.  In the 60 minutes of testing between the Upgrade Process and Yes the upgrade is OK, don't revert I started to add a label (editor was OK) and I never finished the process.  Then 24 hours later I noticed the problem.  

After the upgrade: nothing else except for cosmetics is now troubling our Decaf.  We will be right up there when a responsive version of Awesome Bar, or some horizontal top nav comes off the production line.

-Derek