TinyMCE not showing up after upgrade

TinyMCE not showing up after upgrade

by Jeff Green -
Number of replies: 6

I have upgraded my moodle test site from 2.4 to 2.6 and now tinyMCE doesn't show even though it's at the top of the text editor list and enabled. I've stepped through code to try and figure out if files are missing or what is happening but have been unable to find the reference to whether tinymce is installed or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've tried on multiple machines so I don't believe it's a java issue on the client. I'm using IE9 for testing.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff Green

Re: TinyMCE not showing up after upgrade

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Maybe related to MDL-43573?

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Jeff Green -

You were correct. I changed the theme and it works now. Now, to figure otu why the theme stopped working. smile I didn't realize how integrated the themes were.

In reply to Jeff Green

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

I have discovered that TinyMCE does not work in Internet Explorer 11 (released 11/1/13).
It is probably not a factor with your issue but maybe...?

In reply to Steve Ambro v3.8

by Rex Lorenzo -

Are you sure? That would be surprising. I just checked my Win 7 box running IE 11.0.9600.16428 and it runs the TinyMCE editor well for Moodle 2.5.3 and Moodle 2.6 on the Moodle demo site (http://demo.moodle.net/).

In reply to Rex Lorenzo

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

I have 11.0.9600.16467 on win7, Moodle 2.5.1 and tried it on win8 where it still fails.
The only location that I have tried to use it is when working on the description filed in an assignment.

Firefox works fine.