How do I expand the course categories on the course list page?

How do I expand the course categories on the course list page?

by Melissa Benson -
Number of replies: 2

I just upgraded to 2.6+ but this actually happened when we upgraded to 2.5. For some reason the course listing page collapses all the categories and only shows the top ones. Before, it showed a deeper level.

This is super annoying..I'm almost positive it's from the changes when I upgraded to 2.5. I am using a custom theme but I have confirmed that the core themes are the same way. I've tried looking in the settings but I can't find anything.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Attachment 2014-01-02_12-58-28.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melissa Benson

Re: How do I expand the course categories on the course list page?

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Melissa,

I don't think they do expand...I am having the same problem and tried all sorts of thing. Making the limit more in Frontpage settings has no effect as far as I can see.

I'm not sure but I think this is a BUG, and may have been reported, however I cannot help thinking that it is a new way of displaying things...which to my mind is getting worse and not better!

In fact I have come to the conclusion that setting only the 'Combo' list is by far the best solution as you get the best of both worlds. A collapsible/expandable category list with course names, that on clicking the (i) icon shows the summary of that course too.

Cheers

Mary