Is this possible in Moodle: Floating Blocks/Windows??

Is this possible in Moodle: Floating Blocks/Windows??

by W Page -
Number of replies: 5

Hi!!

QUESTIONS

• Is it possible to get a block to detach and float as well as reattach (when desired) in Moodle?
  • Is it possible to get something that floats and is associated with Moodle to disappear after a user logs off of Moodle?

Just wanted to ask a few questions in this forum to see if something I am interested in doing is feasible in Moodle.  This summer I am dedicating time to learning PHP and Flash.  Maybe even a little JAVA.  I found a really neat site to begin to seriously learn PHP code. (http://www.tizag.com)   I still have not found a good Flash site or tutorial as of yet.

WP1

Average of ratings: -
In reply to W Page

Re: Is this possible in Moodle: Floating Blocks/Windows??

by Tony Hursh -
I haven't noticed any specific Moodle function to do that, but it's certainly possible to do that sort of thing with the proper Javascript. It sounds like what you're after is similar to what happens when you click the Enlarge Editor button in the WYSIWYG editor, yes?

Attachment fullscreen-1.jpg
In reply to Tony Hursh

by Ger Tielemans -
..or the floating time counter in Quiz..
In reply to W Page

by Ton Verplanke -
I came across www.openlaszlo.org yesterday. That appears to offer some of the functionalities you are looking for (as far as I could understand). I did not have enough time to take a closer look wink. But it is opensource!
In reply to Ton Verplanke

by W Page -

Hi Tony, Ger, Helen and Ton!

Thanks for your responses and input. 

"...  It sounds like what you're after is similar to what happens when you click the Enlarge Editor button in the WYSIWYG editor, yes?" by Tony Hursh

Yes Tony!  I am trying to do something like that but with a side block or from the center area of a page.

"..or the floating time counter in Quiz.."  by Ger Tielemans 

Yes Ger!  This is also similar but, I do not think the timer can be docked.  Or, can it be??

Ton!  that OpenLazslo site looks interesting.  Will check it out.

Helen!  Thanks for the Flash referrals.

WP1