CCS for HotPot

CCS for HotPot

by Brian Roy -
Number of replies: 2
Thanks for a great module. It seems to work well with my quizes and I'm still playing with some of the options.

A question the formatting from the css file.
In a quiz when I click on an answer the tip dialog box pops up. The format of the text in that box is controlled by a style in the css file for that template. With some of the templates I've tried, the text blends in with the background. I'm not which style I need to change to correct this.

Thanks for all your work and for any assistance.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Roy

Re: CCS for HotPot

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

HI Brian,

1. some settings for the styles of indivdual quizzes can be set when you create the quiz with Hot Potatoes (Options -> Configure Output, Appearance).
  2. the base settings for all the HotPot activities are in the ".cs_" files in the "source" templates folder. There is one of these on your computer somewhere, or if you are generating HotPot acitivities from XML files, you should look in the HotPot modules source folder, "moodle/mod/hotpot/v6/source".
  3. there may also be some styles that are defined in the Moodle theme you are using on your site

Truth be told, I haven't experimented with the styles very much myself, but I think the above should give you some idea of where to start looking.

If you find a good solution, please let us know smile

all the best
--Gordon