Can't find assignments needing grading

Can't find assignments needing grading

by David Dunn -
Number of replies: 2

Mdl 2.5.1

I'm using the quick grading technique to give grades and feedback to a large class. If the student's work is not satisfactory, they do not get the points, but always get feedback on how to improve their text and to re-submit it. I always sort the submitted assignments according to the column "Last modified (submission)", so that I can always see the latest submissions and make sure everyone's work has been reviewed. However, on the front screen of the assignment, I always see that there are some assignments that "need grading". I cannot see which ones they are. I've gone through every assignment and everyone has feedback and/or a grade. I guess that there are some re-submissions that I haven't re-assessed, but surely they would appear at the top of the page after sorting on "Last modified (submission)".

What am I missing here?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Dunn

Re: Can't find assignments needing grading

by Rachel Bicicchi -

Hi David (and others) -

Did you ever figure this issue out?  I've got a faculty member noticing the same problem and I can't figure out what's going on.

The "my home" page continues to insist there are assignments needing grading, but they're all graded. 

Anybody have any ideas?

In reply to Rachel Bicicchi

Re: Can't find assignments needing grading

by Sue Harper -

Not sure if this is the issue, but I have found that if an assignment has  the due date enabled, it always shows on the myhome page that assignments need grading - even though you have graded them all.

If  the Due Date was enabled in the assignment, try going back and  under  Edit Settings > Availability, untick the enable tick box - and see what happens.