How to set password Expiry to the user?

How to set password Expiry to the user?

by Anandham K -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

Anybody please help me.How to set password expiry time to the user?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anandham K

إعادة: How to set password Expiry to the user?

by Yusra Mohammed -

Also me I want to know how to set it.

and, How much time allowed mainly??

In reply to Yusra Mohammed

Re: إعادة: How to set password Expiry to the user?

by Stuart Mealor -

You should read this page:
http://docs.moodle.org/25/en/Password_policy

In Moodle 2.5 onwards, account lockout may enabled. After a specified number of failed login attempts, a user's account is locked and they are sent an email containing a URL to unlock the account.

The account may also be unlocked by an administrator in Settings > Site administration > Users > Accounts > Browse list of users or by waiting for the account lockout duration to elapse.

Stuart

In reply to Stuart Mealor

by Matt Hobbs -

I think what the OP is asking for is for a user's password to expire after, say, 3 months. This is not related to entering the incorrect one and thus getting temporarily locked out.

On a related note, I had this idea for which I would also need password expiry after a certain time. The goal is to 'delete / suspend' users who have left the company:-

1) activate email based self-registration for our site and enforce the company domain name for allowed email addresses.

2) make user passwords expire every 1month, so they need to change it via an email sent to their company email address

Therefore, if an employee was terminated and their company email address was deleted, they would no longer be able to reset their password and thus could no longer log in (after the password expiry period).

This is not a perfect solution obviously, but would be a stop-gap for us until we manage to find a way to synchronise users with our HR database.

So, does anyone know if it is possible to set a duration for password expiry? Moodle functionality or plugin?

In reply to Matt Hobbs

by Danniel Fred -

I like your plan, did you manage to do it? I need to do the same, as I use the manual authentication only and I want the password to expire if not used for about 30 days, but, when trying to retrieve it, it should ask for the organization email which will be disabled if employee leave the organization... 

any idea?

In reply to Anandham K

Re: How to set password Expiry to the user?

by Michael Milette -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Anandham,

I believe that the Password Expiration Check plugin will meet your requirements.

Best regards,

Michael Milette

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Michael Milette

Re: How to set password Expiry to the user?

by Matt Hobbs -

Thanks Michael, will take a look.