Can't upgrade 1.4.5 to 1.5

Can't upgrade 1.4.5 to 1.5

by ryan wise -
Number of replies: 1
I recently installed a copy of moodle v. 1.4.5
About a week after installation, I tried to upgrade to 1.5 beta by putting a version of 1.5 in the same part of the directory as 1.4.5, changing the name of 1.4.5 folder to "backup" so that the 1.5 beta version could be named "moodle" and moving the config.php file from the old verison to the new one (in the root of the moodle folder)

On doing this, I got the following errors.

Warning: theme_setup(/home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/theme/poweraid/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/lib/weblib.php on line 2058

Warning: theme_setup(): Failed opening '/home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/theme/poweraid/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/lib/weblib.php on line 2058

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/lib/weblib.php:2058) in /home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 6107

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/lib/weblib.php:2058) in /home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 6108

Warning: print_header(/home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/theme/poweraid/header.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/lib/weblib.php on line 1777

Warning: print_header(): Failed opening '/home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/theme/poweraid/header.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/lib/weblib.php on line 1777

Your session has timed out. Please login again.

( Continue )

When I try and go to the admin section of my site by typing in the proscribed URL I get;

Warning: theme_setup(/home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/theme/poweraid/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/lib/weblib.php on line 2058

Warning: theme_setup(): Failed opening '/home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/theme/poweraid/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/lib/weblib.php on line 2058

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/lib/weblib.php:2058) in /home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 6107

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/lib/weblib.php:2058) in /home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 6108

Warning: print_header(/home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/theme/poweraid/header.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/lib/weblib.php on line 1777

Warning: print_header(): Failed opening '/home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/theme/poweraid/header.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/yingwent/public_html/moodle/lib/weblib.php on line 1777

Your session has timed out. Please login again.

( Continue )

The config file, when copied back to 1.4.5 works fine.

Any idea what's wrong?

I've upgraded from one version to another before. Never had these problems.
Is the 'poweraide' theme not in the new version of moodle and this is causing an error? Anyone else getting this problem?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to ryan wise

Re: Can't upgrade 1.4.5 to 1.5

by John Papaioannou -
Yes, that is the cause of the problem. Simply remove the whole /theme/poweraid/ directory and you should be fine.