Anonymous questionnaire (2.6) and List of responses etc.

Anonymous questionnaire (2.6) and List of responses etc.

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Further to my answer in this discussion here, I am contemplating some changes to the "anonymous" questionnaire behaviour (in version 2.6 and maybe porting back to 2.5).

1.- Up to version 2.4, the "List of (individual) responses"  was available to the teacher, through a navbar displaying only numbers. If the questionnaire was set to "anonymous", then each individual response was displayed with the heading "Respondent: - Anonymous".

2.- In version 2.5, that same "List of (individual) responses"  was available to the teacher, through a navbar displaying the names of the respondents. In an anonymous questionnnaire, in order to preserve anonymity, the "List of responses" link was simply removed from the tabs (and from the Questionnaire Administration bock). Now, considering the discussion mentioned above, I think that was perhaps not the best decision, and I am thinking of making the list of individual responses available again to the teacher, by displaying a list of links called "Response 1", "Response 2", etc. There may be situations when a teacher wants to view all "anonymized" individual responses to a questionnaire, I think.

That is the system currently used by the Feedback plugin.

3.- Now, we need to examine the "Show non-respondents" feature. Since that feature became available (in 2.5), it is available to the teacher, for full-name as well as anonymous questionnaires. My view is that - even for an anonymous questionnaire - a teacher may want to check non-respondents in order to send them an email reminder. However, the availability of that feature may pose a problem with anonymity, as a teacher may deduce from the list of non-respondents the list of those who have responded, and even the identity in the case of one student only having responded.

The Feedback plugin has taken the position to obviate this potential problem by removing the "show non-respondents" feature from anonymous feedbacks.

Should I do the same with questionnaire?

I'm waiting for your reactions,

Joseph

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Anonymous questionnaire (2.6) and List of responses etc.

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

1 & 2.- Given the lack of reaction to this post, I have decided to restore the "View individual responses" list link for anonymous questionnaires. Of course the names of respondents are not displayed (nor the submission timestamp); the list is displayed "anonymized".

Fixed and available on the github for Questionnaire versions 2.5 and 2.6. See CONTRIB-4785.

3.- In order to retain for a teacher or tutor role the possibility to send reminder messages to the non-respondents, even to an anonymous questionnaire, this is my idea.

On the Show nonrespondents page, just display the number of non-respondents together with one or 2 checkboxes.

For a questionnaire with the Save option: ◊ started ◊ not started

... without the Save option: ◊ not submitted.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Anonymous questionnaire (2.6) and List of responses etc.

by Javi Ac -

Hi,

I am trying to update

for Moodle

including changes made about what you say in this post. It is said to use github, but how can I do it?  Could you please tell me quickly how can include last changes made to Build 2013120200 ??

Thanks.