Anonymous guest access

Anonymous guest access

by philippe petitqueux -
Number of replies: 5

Bonjour, Hello,

Moodle 2.6 - Latest Questionnaire Module

I can't get the guest access (accès anonyme) work with your module. I created a questionnaire in a course with guest access, then tried to access it.

But it seems I'm not allowed to => see screen shot.

Thanks for helping.

(Edited by Joseph Rézeau - original submission Wednesday, 4 December 2013, 10:41 AM)

Attachment questionnaire_guest.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to philippe petitqueux

Re: Anonymous guest access

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Bonjour! Hello! I haven't tried the latest version of questionnaire but are you sure it now allows accès anonyme? Because earlier versions did notsmile (If it does, then I for one will be very pleased.)

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

For security reasons it is not possible to allow guest access to activities that write to the database, since Moodle 2.0. See this discussion: Guest permissions in Questionnaire 2.0.

The Feedback activity has a workaround. If you do need guest access to a survey-like activity, then I suggest you use Feedback.

Joseph

EDIT.- Now that I have done with pushing a lot of new features to version 2.5 and 2.6 of Questionnaire, I might consider adding the "allow anonymous guest" feature to a future version. Anyone interested please vote for CONTRIB-4772.

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by philippe petitqueux -

When Joseph and  Mary answer me, I feel like it's a christian forum...lol big grin

I have a better understanding now. Perhaps the help text (see screen shot) could be modified to for a better information.

A bientôt

Attachment anony.jpg

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The online help was OK for Questionnaire 2.5 in English, and I have now updated the French translation to remove the "Note" which does not apply.