Questionnaire for Moodle 2.6

Questionnaire for Moodle 2.6

by Luís Rocha Graça -
Number of replies: 18

Hi there,

Is there a date for the realease of this plugin for Moodle 2.6?

Many thanks in advance,

Luís

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luís Rocha Graça

Re: Questionnaire for Moodle 2.6

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

A 2.6 beta version of Questionnaire (for use with Moodle 2.6 only) is available from the remotelearner github repository here: https://github.com/remotelearner/moodle-mod_questionnaire/tree/MOODLE_26_STABLE

Download and install zip file https://github.com/remotelearner/moodle-mod_questionnaire/archive/MOODLE_26_STABLE.zip

I invite all questionnaire users who are in the process of updating their Moodle 2.5 site to Moodle 2.6 to install and test out that Questionnaire 2.6 beta version and please report any bugs, etc. in this discussion.

At the moment, there are very few differences between Questionnaire 2.5 and 2.6, only minor fixes to make it compliant with Moodle 2.6 core. But I am working hard at integrating the "personality test" feature in a later release of Questionnaire 2.6.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Thomas Robb -

I've found a small glitch.  I created a new questionnaire instance using the 2.6 version, then added two questions.  I then decided to preview the questions but when I finished, I found that there was no way to return to the previous screen to input more items (without perhaps hitting the 'Back' button.

I finally decided to input answers into the preview, after which the module showed my the results AND the tabs for the various management functions.

This is a great module that I've used for a number of research purposes. I don't recall having this problem with previous versions.

In reply to Thomas Robb

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Rob,

Thanks for testing Questionnaire 2.6. Starting with version 2.5 ALL navigation links are now available in the Questionnaire's Administration block.

The old "tabs" navigation interface is still available, with all links present, except on the Preview page, which has no tabs, hence your problem*.

It appears that with the later versions of Moodle, the "navigation by tabs" is being deprecated and replaced by "navigation by Administration block". That is the reason why I have put ALL the necessary navigation links in the Questionnaire Administration block. I am actually thinking of an admin option to completely remove the old tabs navigation. But this needs more thinking.

What theme are you using? With the new "fashionable" bootstrap-based themes, the tabs display is mostly ruined anyway.

Joseph

*EDIT.- On second thoughts, and in order to avoid the problem you mention, I will restore the tabs to the Preview window.wink

by Thomas Robb -

Thank you, Joseph, for your prompt response and action.  Had ALL of the tabs disappeared, I might have looked elsewhere for the required functionality, but when everything was there EXCEPT what I needed, it appeared to be a bug.   Yes, restoring the missing tabs in "Preview" would be great!

I'm just using the plain vanilla "Standard" theme so I have no issues with the tabs -- as long as they are there.

Now here is another problem perhaps:  Is there a way to delete the response currently being viewed? I didn't see that option in the block.  I used the preview function to test my questionnaire, and the data was saved.  I can't delete it now without deleting the rest of the responses, too.

--Tom

In reply to Thomas Robb

by Joseph Rézeau -

Thomas "I used the preview function to test my questionnaire, and the data was saved."

Are you sure? On the preview page, if you answer the questions and click the Submit preview button, the data is not saved. You only get a "This submission would be accepted as correctly filled in." message or an error message if e.g. you missed a required question.

Did you use any of the links in the Questionnaire administration block?  e.g. the Answer the questions link?

Joseph

by Thomas Robb -

Sorry, it looks like I didn't use the preview function.  Even though I was not registered in the course, as the site admin, it allowed me to take the quiz as a student, and therefore saved my data.

As I said, though, there seems to be no function for deleting a specific submission.  Am I missing something?

--Tom

In reply to Thomas Robb

by Thomas Robb -

Another problem: For checkboxes, there is no way to specify a minimum or maximum number of boxes to check and it seems that the default is set to "exactly 5".  See the attachment.

--Tom

In reply to Thomas Robb

by Joseph Rézeau -

Of course there is a setting to specify minimum and maximum number of boxes to check, when you create or edit a Check boxes question. And it's been there since quite a few years. Can't you see it?

screenshot #1

by Thomas Robb -

Hello Joseph,

What you show is what I expected to find, but in actuality, I get this which would seem to be for the one for the essay type question.  Perhaps there is a small thing wrong a switch condition which is making it fall through the correct selection?  Looking at the $question object, I see this:

(
    [sid] => 1
    [id] => 61
    [type_id] => 5
    [type] => Check Boxes
    [content] => Array
        (
            [text] => 
            [format] => 1
            [itemid] => 267999551
        )

)
Is perhaps the space in "Check Boxes" a problem?

In reply to Thomas Robb

by Joseph Rézeau -

Thanks for the screenshot, Thomas. That is indeed a serious bug, which I confirm and will fix promptly!

Joseph blush

In reply to Thomas Robb

by Joseph Rézeau -

Hi Thomas, I'm finding it difficult to follow you... Anyway, I'll try.

1.- If you have an admin role on your Moodle site, you can submit a questionnaire.

2.- In order for you, as admin, to delete a submitted response, you'll have to follow this path:

• View All Responses ► List of responses : select the respondent name from the list of sumbitted responses (click on it)

• On the next screen, click "Delete this response", either from the Administration block OR the tab.

Joseph

PS You do not say whether you can actually see the Questionnaire Administration block, where are the necessary navigation links are available.

by Thomas Robb -

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for your patience.   It seems that I can't see the "List of responses".  Please see the screenshot below.

Cheers,
 Tom
In reply to Thomas Robb

by Joseph Rézeau -

Are you logged in as admin?

Can you please dock the Navigation block and post a new screenshot showing the complete Questionnaire administration block, as well as the complete tabs?

Joseph

by Thomas Robb -

Here you go.  This shows everything, I believe.  Yes, I am logged in as "admin".  I used the "Check permissions" function and all items are "yes" (light green).

--Tom

In reply to Thomas Robb

by Joseph Rézeau -

Thanks, Thomas.

This is strange, you are indeed missing the second tab row and the "List of responses" link in the Questionnaire administration block (see attached).

I suppose this is your test moodle site, or at least a test course. It that a questionnaire you created in a previous version of Questionnaire (and of Moodle)? Can you try to create a brand-new questionnaire, answer the questions, and view the report and see if the problem disappears?

Joseph

PS.- I have uploaded to the github a fix for the "check boxes" bug you reported, plus I have restored the tabs view in the Preview page.

by Thomas Robb -

This is a virgin questionnaire created on 2.6 after installing the module.  It wasn't copied from anywhere.  We plan to have up to 10,000 students from 5 language backgrounds respond to it starting in mid-December.

Thank you for fixing the problem with the checkboxes!  I'll download the new version.  

I'll also give you admin access (separate email) so that you can play with the site if you wish.

Cheers,

Tom

In reply to Thomas Robb

by Joseph Rézeau -

Well, further to private exchange with Thomas and testing out on his test site, the solution was found. Thomas had set his questionnaire to "anonymous", so of course an admin (or teacher) cannot access the "List of responses" link, which would break anonymity. This is by design.

Joseph

by Luís Rocha Graça -

Thank you so much Joseph. I will give a try and if anything happens I'll get back to you. 

Luis