Several Slow courses in M2.5?

Several Slow courses in M2.5?

by Chris Chapman -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all, we are using moodle 2.5, and have 370+ courses, which normally load in under 1 second, however several all within the same category (automotive) take an absolute age- suprised the browser doesnt time out sometimes taken 6 minutes. nothing stands out for me- course backups are around the 250MB mark- they are using a few different RSS feeds but nothing else I can pinpoint- course completion and activity tracking is off

any ideas??

cheers

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Chapman

Re: Several Slow courses in M2.5?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Is it every course in that category?  If so, it would point to category settings maybe?  Can you try creating a different category and moving them over?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Chris Chapman -

no its not weirdly- tried moving courses- the only solution ive found is removing all the rss blocks (4 in each offending course) i wouldnt have thought that RSS has that much of an impact?

In reply to Chris Chapman

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You need to figure out what is going on when it slows down. It would be a good start to tell us about your hardware and your operating system configuration. 

Are you testing this as an ordinary student or as some elevated role (which can be slower)?

What (if anything) have you done to see what the server is up to when it goes slow? Run 'top' (assuming Linux)? Have monitoring (e.g. munin) running?