scorm multi sco tracking vs activity completion

scorm multi sco tracking vs activity completion

by Wouter Maenhout -
Number of replies: 8

Hi,

we have several Multi sco's scorm packages on our platform. For each of these scorm packages we have used the activity completion condition : if scorm completed => activity completed.

For each of these packages, from the moment the first sco has the status completed, the scorm activity is considered completed.

Is there a way to solve this?

Kind regards,

Wouter

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wouter Maenhout

Re: scorm multi sco tracking vs activity completion

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi Wouter ,

As such there is no way for other activities to be completed automatically without even a single click. What you can do is set other activities to be marked completed manually. So when first activity is completed second activity will be enable and you can only tick in the box near it.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

Re: scorm multi sco tracking vs activity completion

by Wouter Maenhout -

Hi,

Thank you for your swift response. I'm talking about an example of 1 scorm activity in the course :

• I create 1 scorm activity
  • For this scorm activity i define in the activity completion settings : is status is completed = scorm activity is considered completed
  • grading method is highest
  • From the moment an user opens the first sco and finishes it : status completed for first sco is sent to Moodle, the activity completion already thinks all conditions are met

I was counting on the fact that all the sco's within the scorm had to be completed before the condition "completed" should be triggered. Now only completing one sco triggers the scorm actvity completion.

Thanks in advance.

In reply to Wouter Maenhout

Απάντηση: scorm multi sco tracking vs activity completion

by Nina Tsartsali -
Hello! I also have a multi SCO package, built with Reload. It consists of some items using the following structure:

Section 1
      Section 1.1

Section 1.2

Section 2

Section 2.1

Section 2.2

Quiz

Final Quiz (this is built with storyline, published as SCORM 1.2, passed/completed

Currently Moodle marks it as complete only if they have viewed all the head sections. But what I want is to make it complete only when they have attempted the quiz. If they haven't attempted it then they enter and attempt it, if the have attempted it then moodle offers the option to start a new attempt.

Can you please help me?

Thank you!

In reply to Nina Tsartsali

Re: Απάντηση: scorm multi sco tracking vs activity completion

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Nina, 

there might be a few people using Reload here but this is really something that involves the SCORM package and authoring tool rather than the settings in Moodle - you might get further by asking people in the Reload forums for help developing a SCORM package that operates in this way. This may become complex because you are using a combination of authoring tools to develop your SCORM package.

In reply to Dan Marsden

Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: scorm multi sco tracking vs activity completion

by Nina Tsartsali -

Hey Dan! Thank you very much for your reply!

The sections are not built with some authoring tool, they are built manually (html, javascript etc), apart from the end of course quiz that is built in storyline. Then everything is packaged together using Reload. 

The thing is that this package is working on Blackboard which reports it as complete only if the user has attempted the quiz (there is an option in Blackboard, mark the course as complete when threshold score is met under edit the SCORM behavior). But I cannot find this option in Moodle. So I dont think that it's the package that causes a problem.

Where does Moodle offer me this option? To mark it as complete when the user has attempted only one SCO inside this multi-SCO package?

Thank you very much!

In reply to Nina Tsartsali

Re: Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: scorm multi sco tracking vs activity completion

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
That option doesn't exist in moodle - unless you just want to be able to flag the activity as complete/passed and not manage multiple attempts to the SCORM package. Moodle's standard activity completion rules include the ability to flag an activity as complete when a certain grade has been achieved. but this does not allow the user to create a "new" SCORM attempt. Typically when a SCORM package is marked "complete" then a new attempt can be generated - but if you don't care about multiple attempts you might find the activity completion settings are all you need.

I can't see us spending time on adding a feature to work around the behaviour of SCORM packages that have been built manually and not developed to the standard SCORM specification unless funding was provided for a developer to add the feature.

In reply to Dan Marsden

Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: scorm multi sco tracking vs activity completion

by Nina Tsartsali -

Hey Dan, thank you very much for your answer!

Basically what I would like to do is when the user first time tries the Quiz and gets a grade, then Moodle to offer the option "Start a new attempt", so that he attempts the quiz again to achieve a better score. For the time being he can only do that once he views all the slides, then Moodle see the package as complete and offers him the option for the new attempt. 

From what I can understand Moodle doesnt offer this, right?

Thank you again and sorry for the many messages!