Help ,Hardware and performance for Moodle server"

Help ,Hardware and performance for Moodle server"

by alex simg -
Number of replies: 3

HI All

Our Company is come from Hong Kong and we have some branch office in PH,ID,TH,SG. We want have a Learning Management Platform to training our branch office staff, some people suggest we use Moodle E-learning platform.

I know we need to setup the server for Moodle but is it need to install add on service when I need to use the training function??

I guess each time training we will have 10-20 users ,they will come from oversea country.  what kind of hardware do I need to prepare ?Is it need powerful server and high speed internet connection??

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to alex simg

Re: Help ,Hardware and performance for Moodle server"

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Alex, for 10-20 users (unless they are using the LIVE CHAT sessions, or all taking quizzes at the same time), a shared host costing around $4 a month will be suffiient for your needs.

I have used Bluehost/Hostmonster for moodle before, and they worked perfect, you only go for dedicated hardware if you are expecting some 20,000 users registered and 100+ using at the same time.

In reply to Usman Asar

回應: Re: Help ,Hardware and performance for Moodle server"

by alex simg -

Thx Usman Asar

I guess they need to use the  LIVE CHAT sessions on the same time

In reply to alex simg

Re: 回應: Re: Help ,Hardware and performance for Moodle server"

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Alex, for Live chat, there are multitude of options, as I had used live chat back in days of moodle 1.9, and they had improved it in later version to put light load on server, besides there are few more live-chat plug-ins that works with third party servers so your server remain out of load, and as well there are plenty other thrd party API's letting you integrate live chat directly into moodle. The server killers in moodle are Quizzes and  Live Chat, and you can easy out source them, so take time and plan well regarding your Moodle server.