Problems with gradebook

Problems with gradebook

by Verta Midcalf -
Number of replies: 2

I posted to General; only to have someone respond that this is not the administrators but the community forum. They did not have a response. Please do visit the general and see the questions I have posed on today concerning the gradebook's calculations for assignments in my class. It appears that that the system is ok with whole numbers but has a problem when it has to calculate with a decimal. For example: Student 1 received 35 DQ 1 and 30 DQ 2. the gradebook total is 35. That is correct. But, for Student 2 who has 35 or DQ1 and 40 for DQ 2, the average is 40 in the gradebook. So it is not averaging those grades; but apparently picking up the DQ2 grade as the total grade. This is a technical problem with the program. Please do follow up with your technical people to correct these problems, as they are serious in that the students are not receiving their proper grades due to this.

Another problem, the weeks for my case study assignments in the grade book are: Weeks 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 3. This is so confusing; and, the students are especially confused when trying to determine which week they got the grade for. Although correct when they enter them; the gradebook does not have the weeks in order. Please do advise.

I am not sure what Moodle system we have; but, please do respond back to me so that we may correct this problem with the gradebook.

Dr. Verta Midcalf

vertamidcalf@sbcglobal.net

(618) 303-9898

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Verta Midcalf

Re: Problems with gradebook

by Verta Midcalf -

After further investigating, I find that the DQ2 grade is what is picked up as the final grade if the situation is as Student B in previous email: DQ 1 has a score of 35 and Dq2 has a score of 30. The gradebook shows a grade of 30. 

Hope this information helps TEch support in evaluating and correcting the problems with the gradebook. Again, please do contact me with any questions and/or response for my messaging/reporting of a problem. Dr. Midcalf